Sam Rothstein
    Sam Rothstein's Avatar Become A Pro!

My plays so far/write-ups...discussion please

LSU -9. Florida's secondary is very suspect and VERY young going against a very poised quarterback in Matt Flynn. Florida's strongpoint on defense is their ends, but they are facing probably the best offensive line in the SEC. Florida makes up for their lack of maturity offensively with their great speed, but LSU has more than enough speed to contain Tebow & Co. Not to mention this is a night game in the bayou, which no matter the talent is a huge advantage in itself. LSU by 14+

UCF -3.5. UCF has one of the better if not the best secondary in Conf. USA and the best rushing game in the conference. ECU has been rather ineffective on offense averaging just over 300 ypg. despite having a dual thread QB. UCF has already shown they have the poise to go on the road and play very well taking Texas down to the wire. UCF's running game wears down ECU's front 7 and pulls away in the second half.

Tulsa -3. This game appears to be a shootout and I like the senior QB against an inexperienced one. UTEP's defense has struggled against the spread offense giving up over 40 to both Texas Tech and SMU. Tulsa rolls in this one

Clemson/VT Under 41. Looks to be a defensive battle just like Clemson/GT was last week. Both teams averaging just over 3 ypc and neither quarterback showing the ability to pass the ball effectively against any above average defense. Tyrod Taylor has a lot of upside but Death Valley is a very tough place to play for a true freshman. This game screams 17-14 either way. Best play is the under, but i like VT and the +5.5 in you want to bet the line as well.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

thanks for the write-ups. One correction - UCF was at home for Texas. I know that seems strange for Tex to visit a non-BCS team.

Sam Rothstein
    Sam Rothstein's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're correct. That's my mistake. Guess I didn't look closely enough b/c I never dreamed Texas would visit one of the better non-BCS schools. Almost bit em in the ass lol.
    What's your thoughts on the games i wrote about?