Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone else liking Kentucky +3.5?

I know SC has a pretty stout defense, but theres no way they will completely shut down Woodson and company...

Thoughts on this one appreciated!

SECfan23
    SECfan23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im still thinking about this one. I havent missed a USC game yet this year and this is the only one Ive been hesitant to bet on. Spurrier knows how to cover. I think he is 4-1 ATS this year. If Smelley had not done pretty well last week, I would recommend taking Kentucky. But Smelley looked good and comfortable in the pocket and I look for another good game on Thursday. And if he doesnt show up, Mitchell will be itching to earn his starting position back.

USC held Kentucky to 2 TDs last season in Lexington. This will be the best defense the wildcats have seen this year even with out Jasper Brinkley. If Florida Atlantic can score 17 and Kent State can score 20, I dont see a problem for the gamecocks to put up atleast 35 at home, at night, in front of all the jacked up fans. They just hung 38 on Miss State who I think has a better defense than Kentucky.
    Few more points:
    USC won the last 7 meetings (lost in 99 when USC was 0-11)
    Ive heard 2 people tell me that USC has the #1 pass defense in country(havent looked up yet.)
    It is hard to go on the road and win on Thursday nights.

All that said, something is holding me back from beting on the cocks.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should be a good one. SC gave Auburn everything it could handle last year on a Thursday night game when they were a double digit dog, and I think they're slightly better than Kentucky on a neutral field (I have them -1.5 on a neutral field, so I think the more proper line here would be -5 or so). So often we see this type of premier game come down to HFA and coaching, and both are in SC's favor. That's the only side I could consider, but I think I'll just be a spectator.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

south carolina, SC is quick on the defensive side, UK will be forced to run, and SC's line is just to tough, and SC's at home, uk don't have a chance.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Lines down to 1.5, Razz. I'll just watch this one too.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by hawk 5 View Post
    Lines down to 1.5, Razz. I'll just watch this one too.
    where?

i'm seeing 3.5 with a couple of 3's

hawk 5
    Update your status

bookmaker, 10 min ago. let me go make sure.

hawk 5
    Update your status

3.5 now. Must of fu..ed up. Thought for sure I saw it at 1.5.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I will most likely be on South Carolina -3.5 in this one.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I like SC here. Nationally televised game, on a weekday, in SC, against a good defensive team who isn't that stupid (Arkansas).

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I'll be a decenting voice here. I like Kentucky. I hate going against Spurrier but I just think that things in Columbia are a bit too volatile with the lack of stability at QB.

I was real surprised at how Kentucky came and took care of business last week against Fla Atlantic. I think Kentucky comes to play in this one and wins outright.

E

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Right now I like South Carolina.

STEELCURTAIN3288
    STEELCURTAIN3288's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am leaning towards SC.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

This will be the best QB USC will have seen this year. If Woodson goes off, the Cats have a good chance to steal one at the Brice.

I think this comes down to USC being able to pressure the QB. Something the Gamecocks have had trouble doing in the past. Brinkley being out for the year obviously doesn't help the defense.

Kentucky also runs the ball better than most give them credit for. Last Saturday against Miss. State, at times the Bulldogs controlled the line of scrimmage and run the ball very effectively.

SECfan23
    SECfan23's Avatar Become A Pro!

USC should be able to run the ball very well against Kentucky and everyone knows that helps the QB a lot.
    Kentucky has given up 123, 338, 101, 324, 130 total yards rushing in their games this year.
    Gamecocks have rushed for 195, 140, 223, 17 (LSU), and 123 this year in their games. I see the gamecocks rushing for over 150 yards this game and Smelley throwing the ball well. I was up in the air earlier but now, im on my gamecocks.