dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Air Force/BYU Opinions needed

Do I have this straight? Tulsa scores 55 points against BYU.
    UCLA beat BYU. Utah destroys UCLA. AF beats Utah and
    TCU. Okay so far. So the line comes out at 9 and jumps to
    11???? I keep thinking I must have something wrong here, and maybe I do. If I don't that means AF is almost a steal and the book doesn't give steals. So BYU must be the play.(lol)

I would appreciate one of you guys telling me what I have wrong , I must have something wrong.

Thanks

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Sorry have no clue why this came up twice.
    Could one of the mods eliminate one??

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Well Pinnacle opened at -10 on BYU, with two others starting at 9½. Several of the books that opened at 9 did so a day later than Pinnacle when their number had been worked down to 9. The Utes probably aren't as good as their score at UCLA indicates -- the Bruins really coughed that game up in my opinion as much as Utah won it with the home crowd and the altitude very much on their side.

I also don't think TCU is as good as many, myself included, thought they would be this year, so I'm not sure how much the Falcons' win over the Frogs really means.

Figure BYU is getting a good 5-6-7 points just for being at home, and this line isn't that weird to me.

Skankdog
    Skankdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am with you on Air Force, I like it a 11 but not anything under 10.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    Well Pinnacle opened at -10 on BYU, with two others starting at 9½. Several of the books that opened at 9 did so a day later than Pinnacle when their number had been worked down to 9. The Utes probably aren't as good as their score at UCLA indicates -- the Bruins really coughed that game up in my opinion as much as Utah won it with the home crowd and the altitude very much on their side.

I also don't think TCU is as good as many, myself included, thought they would be this year, so I'm not sure how much the Falcons' win over the Frogs really means.

Figure BYU is getting a good 5-6-7 points just for being at home, and this line isn't that weird to me.

Willie

Funny that you said you don't believe TCU is a good as thought. I was just thinking the same thing and checking out SMU to determine if there is anyway I can play them getting 21. Prelim it looks bleak, but 21 is a ton of points. TCU might not score 21.

I probably stay away from that AF game.

Thanks

Willie Bee

Dante, as bad as SMU is, that is one helluva' rivalry up in D-FW. Amon Carter will be a rockin' this Saturday night! TCU hasn't shown much on offense, you're right. But lord! The Ponies let a very, very bad North Texas team put 31 on the board against them. Understand completely anyone not wanting to lay that many points on the Frogs right now, but I would be surprised if SMU holds them under 30 and TCU allows the Mustangs more than 10.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I played BYU -9 as soon as the line came out. I just can't make a case for AF here. They should be overmatched. Their win against TCU was a fluke at best and you can give Gary Patterson a lot of the credit in that one. This is a very uncompetitive series as well. The winner usually wins big. Teams off back-to-back SU wins as underdogs are generally great fades the following weeks. AF falls into that situation this weekend.

Good luck....

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

AF is one of the only teams I've made money on. Had them with the points against Utah and TCU. I definitely like them in this spot.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

Lay the points

Only turnovers or big mistakes by BYU will equal and AFA cover. The Falcons are known for road let downs and BYU is always tough at home.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Air force will have to get lucky to win.... kinda like they did agaisn't TCU.

If I could get 12 or 13 I might take them. Otherwise I probs won't play this one.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I'm all over the map on this one. I'd have to say NO OPINION. I initially had a lean toward AF, then did some capping that says BYU. Too many conflicting factors to give a definitive opinion for me.

E

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

This is a tough one to call. On paper, it looks that AF +10 is a steal. But BYU is very tough in Provo. AF traditionally hasn't played well on the road. I wish I could watch this game as a fan as I expect it to be a good one. I will probably take AF although BYU should be ready to play...

undyingtruth
    undyingtruth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Uconn +9.5

Seems as though alot of people are taking UCONN and the points...can anyone give me a reasonably explanation into why??

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

i'm not playing the game, but BYU should roll in this one, air force is overrated, and as some people mentioned, BYU plays great at home.

Willie Bee

Quote Originally Posted by EBone View Post
    Too many conflicting factors to give a definitive opinion for me.
    My only strong opinion is I can't make up my mind like you and a few others here. Part of what's conflicting for me is BYU is a team I've never been able to call right for some reason. They're probably the smarter play, and I feel Buddy got a good price at -9, but I'm too big a wuss to bet Brigham Young minus double digits.

mxc
    mxc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 426

AF season ticket holder(not that it matters) but I wouldn't take Air Force here. TCU actually dominated the game last thurs, AF had 2 fluke long plays and TCU kept turning it over in AF red zone. BYU will be tough at home after 1-2 start. BYU has good run defense and one of the top passing offenses in the country. AF is not built to come from behind which I think they'll have to do on Saturday. Don't get to caught up in AF's 3-0 start, their really not that good yet.

mshanedub420
    mshanedub420's Avatar Become A Pro!

BYU will cover

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Do I have this straight? Tulsa scores 55 points against BYU.
    UCLA beat BYU. Utah destroys UCLA. AF beats Utah and
    TCU. Okay so far. So the line comes out at 9 and jumps to
    11???? I keep thinking I must have something wrong here, and maybe I do. If I don't that means AF is almost a steal and the book doesn't give steals. So BYU must be the play.(lol)

I would appreciate one of you guys telling me what I have wrong , I must have something wrong.

Thanks
    I think BYU will cover. Even with BEck gon the OC knows how to playcall to a QB's strenghts and I think that alone is enough. Plus those Mission taking bastards are older so they have a little size and maturity on the simple minded air force offense. i dont respect either program but ide go with BYU. Dosent mean shit but that what i think then again, I think anyone taking all 4 games with the NFL for the contest is a jackass and will lose 100% because NFl is proven to be more unreadable
    Last edited by mshanedub420; 09-20-07 at 06:51 PM.