ego74
    ego74's Avatar Become A Pro!

YOUR Ego Edge for the GMAC Bowl

It doesn't get any better than this sports fans, Mike Price coming back to the state of Alabama!!

No strip clubs this time around though, but he may be a bit down in the dumps after this one, as I have Toledo -3 (3 unit play):

Toledo QB Gradkowski has been the star of this program the last few years, but he isn't the only senior looking to go out with a bowl win after the team has come up short the last couple years. He was hurt last year and was unable to play in last year's Motor City Bowl loss to UCONN.

The media has been pointing out how both squads "limped" to the finish line, but I disagree. Toledo may have lost out on their chance for a MAC title, but showed some grit in pulling out an Double OT win at Bowling Green to get them here.

This is also the best defensive team the Rockets have fielded in a long time, as this was once their glarng weakness. They're not spectacular, but at least they can make some stops now.

The key player in this game will be one of the most under-rated RB's in the nation, Trinity Dawson. Look for him to go over 150 yards on the ground tonight, as Toledo moves the ball at will and keeps UTEP's D off balanced all night and eventually wear them down.

On the other side of the ball, Carson Palmer's lil' brother, Jordan, is the top guy and he'll get his yardage. Most of it will come in the second half as the Miners try to battle back from behind.

Toledo will bring the heat and look to force him to make quick decisions and force turnovers. Most of Palmer's INT's have come in the past month, but the good news is, he gets a few of his offensive weapons back healthy.

Toledo also "travels" better than UTEP, so this crowd will be very much pro-Rockets.

Another night, another edge to the more balanced team. And with the makeover Conf USA has undergone. the MAC is by far the superior conference now.

Toledo cruises tonight.

Toledo 42 UTEP 27

misteve
    misteve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, it's going to be Toledo's night I believe. Offensive powerhouse and a better than average devense. Plus, you gotta love that coach.
    Not sure about the o/u yet. I was going over, but see it's up around 63 now. Actually, if it gets higher, I may play the under, but won't put much on it. Big on Toledo though.
    Will post in Best Bets later.

misteve

OK guys...better read this. Utep's two top recievers and star running back OUT. Just in case, though...research and let me know if you find any news to the contrary...has been know to happen before right before a game

By Julian Dickinson
    Wed, Dec 21, 2005

The UTEP Miners were nearly buried by bad losses at the end of an otherwise a great season this year.

And with all the current injuries, will the landslide continue into bowl season?

Oddsmakers have the Miners as 3-point underdogs in the game – the first time all season they’ve been on the receiving end of the pointspread this season.

The Miners and Rockets almost look like Siamese twins separated at birth. Both teams have potent, high-scoring offenses built around talented quarterbacks and neither will back away from a shootout.

So why do the Rockets get the nod from the bookies?

Injuries.

"We opened this game at [Toledo -2] and all the action has been on Toledo," said BetCRIS.com oddsmaker Shane Catford. "Even at -3, it`s still one-sided and it very well could be because of the injury situation."

UTEP lived and died by the gun this season, often giving up nearly 25 points a game on defense, but firing back with some formidable offensive weapons.

Some of those weapons, however, won’t be available tonight. Wide receivers Chris Marrow and Jayson Boyd will be on the sideline, along with senior running back Tyler Ebell.
    Last edited by misteve; 12-21-05 at 03:18 PM.

ego74
    ego74's Avatar Become A Pro!

here's what I got on UTEP's injuries

TWO OUT: Price said yesterday that running back Tyler Ebell and receiver Jason Boyd, two injured starters the Miners hoped to have back for tonight's game, have not recovered sufficiently to play.

UT reports no players out with injuries, but colds and flu-like symptoms have spread through the team the past couple days. Amstutz, who has been bothered by a bronchial infection, said only one UT player was still feeling poorly yesterday and, "I think we will all be fine by game time."

misteve

GREAT CALL., ego74! You were right on the mark with this one. I ended up playing Toledo, but for only 2 units and the OVER for 3 units...shoud have tailed you and banged Toledo harder..well, next time.
    Congrats on a great call.
    How about Cal tomorow???

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very nice job ego.