Dirty D
    Dirty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Tulsa V BYU breakdown from an inside view

Back Over 51 and Tulsa +7

Tulsa overhauled their coaching staff with two great offensive minds this year. Gus Malzahn, offesive Coordinator has written two books on running the HUNH (Hurry Up No Huddle) offense. These books have become a must read for every coach in the NCAA.

Coach Malzahn was on the sidelines for Arkansas last year as the offensive coordinator last year. In his first year out of High school, he won the Offensive coordinator of the year award and lead Arkansas to the SEC championship game where they nearly beat Florida. It was the first time in Houston Nutt's tenure that Arkansas looked alive on offense.

Well, week one proved that Gus knows his stuff. HE jumped out to a big lead on UL Lafeyette and still had the ability to drain the clock while running the No huddle spread.

Gus has had two weeks to prepare for this game and work out the week one kinks. He has an experience QB with Paul Smith. He also has a history of preparing a nest of trick plays that he seems to use at the perfect time. Last year when Arkansas beat Auburn 31 - 7 at Auburn, he used two trick plays to really break the game open.

The only reason not to back Tulsa ML is because of Tulsa's defensive strength. When a team runs the HUNH, the defense tends to be on the field a lot and can get tired at the end of the game. I am confident that Tulsa will put up enough points to cover this over. IF their defense wears down a little, I see the OVER being an easy bet.

I also see the Over and Tulsa ML as a good correlated parlay as well.

Peace,
    Ryan

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

good info, thanks

Dirty D

Over is done... Waiting on the cover...

Peace,
    Ryan

Dirty D

Booo Yaaaa Booooo Yaaa Boooo Yaaaaa

That's handicapping there my friends

Peace,
    Ryan

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Excellent job...should have seen this post earlier. Did grab the second half over 27.5. Hope a missed PAT doesn't haunt me.

Dirty D

Nope bud... We nailed it... I also took the following.

09/15/2007 23:14:15 3 Play Parlay: Wagered $100.00 to win $575.52 Unsettled
    CF2 79 9/15 (2ND HALF) BYU AT TULSA TULSA +3.5
    CF2 79 9/15 (2ND HALF) BYU AT TULSA OVER +27.5 (-130)
    CF2 81 9/15 (2ND HALF) HAWAII AT UNLV HAWAII -7.0

Best of luck.

Ryan

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

good job today bud !!!

Dirty D

Thanks Poker... I normally keep my picks to myself but I have an inside view at these teams. I hate to post things because then there is evidence . I felt good about this one along with Arkansas to cover and it panned out.

Peace,
    Ryan