nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Utep+6.5 & Byu-6.5.....?

UTEP+6.5/NMST
    BYU-6.5/TULSA

Any strong opinions out there on these?

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I love BYU. I liked them last week against UCLA and anyone who watched that game knows that if they took UCLA they escaped with one. BYU should have definitely covered that game, possibly even won it.

UTEP has played well this year. They beat UNM and was leading at half at Texas Tech. I am not sure why they are getting a TD, but I like this pick A LOT.

GL

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

BYU will win easily against Tulsa. Tulsa is very mediocre. If they can score two TD's against UCLA and Arizona they can score more than 4 against Tulsa and their defense is also outstanding.

nevadaside

I see the PRICK jumped on UTEP+6 already.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually like Tulsa here...picked up some +7 on Sunday and am hoping to get +7 to +7.5 by kickoff...

I've studied both teams...I do have respect for BYU, but I'm not sure very much respect is being shown towards Todd Graham's Tulsa team in this one...BYU is having problems running the ball or hasn't been committed to the running game, whatever way you want to look at it(granted it's been against Arizona and UCLA), and they are merely a mortal team away from home (whereas they are virtually unbeatable at home)...QB Paul Smith is very efficient and RB Adams is servicable at least...both teams have very limited experience in the WR position...lastly, this game ultimately will match each team's strength, BYU's passing offense vs. Tulsa's pass defense...

nevadaside

BYU "on the road" is exactly what worries me about this play, plus they just had a tough one on the road last week. I was ready to pull the trigger -6.5 & just couldn't. Looks like $'s comin in on BYU for sure.
    I hear what you're saying about respect, I know I made some $'s off TULSA last year.....they were a nice little sleeper here & there.

TULSA+7.5 "might" help sway me to the Hm team.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I will be on New Mexico State -6 this weekend. Nothing on that BYU game.

Good luck guys.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

If you watched BYU play against UCLA, you wouldn't be swayed, even by +7.5.

nevadaside

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    If you watched BYU play against UCLA, you wouldn't be swayed, even by +7.5.
    crackerjack,
    I hear what you're saying as well, that's why I said "might". I am probably going to pass on this one anyway.