armyoflovers
    Robyn + 3.5 men
    armyoflovers's Avatar Become A Pro!

How is Mich FAVORED vs Oregon on Saturday???

Call me obtuse but didnt Mishitgan get beat by a piddly-ass 1-AA team? And the bookies have to gall to open them up as 8 pt faves? I am laying half my retirement on Oregon....

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

"The Big House" equals about 7 points itself.

I would like to see Oregon take them out again, but with what happen this past Saturday, Oregon gets Michigan at a bad time.

I am staying away from this game.

GitRDone
    GitRDone's Avatar Become A Pro!

What did you expect the line to open at? Go ahead and bet Oregon but when they get beat by 20+ points, don't act all surprised. I have little confidence in Dixon on the road and wouldn't be surprised at all to see him struggle mightily in this one. Michigan will come back fired up and will take it to the Ducks. Good luck though if you do decide to bet a lot on Oregon.

prickbeater101
    prickbeater101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Typical Big 10 favoratism and thinking their teams is the best thing since slice bread. Trust me onlooker. After watching this pitiful press conference Lloyd Carr called and his whining and crying, Michigan will still be terrible.I know emotion is a big factor but you still need to have coaching and talent and this team lacks both

GitRDone

Quote Originally Posted by prickbeater101 View Post
    Typical Big 10 favoratism and thinking their teams is the best thing since slice bread. Trust me onlooker. After watching this pitiful press conference Lloyd Carr called and his whining and crying, Michigan will still be terrible.I know emotion is a big factor but you still need to have coaching and talent and this team lacks both
    Yea, teams that lack talent start of the year ranked in the top 5. Although I don't believe they were a top 5 team to start the year, I still would have had them ranked in the top 15. Their offense was set coming into the year, the defense had to replace some key starters. To say Michigan lacks talent is stupid and not informative. Coaching might be in question but not their talent. When you consistently have top 10 recruiting classes year after year, the talent is never questioned, it's harnessing that talent into team chemistry. They probably won't lose again until they have to play at Wisconsin on Nov 10. I only see them losing 1 Big Ten game this year.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

your telling me Oregon should be a road favorite in the BigHouse??

I love amateurs

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by armyoflovers View Post
    Call me obtuse but didnt Mishitgan get beat by a piddly-ass 1-AA team? And the bookies have to gall to open them up as 8 pt faves? I am laying half my retirement on Oregon....
    Umm, how about the fact UM is a superior team, coming off a humiliating loss and playing at home against an incredibly soft and vulnerable Ducks' defense.

Don't overreact to the outcome of 1 game. I think UM wins, and I don't anticipate the final score being even remotely close.

My advice: If you like Oregon here (bad play, but hey, it's your money), wait until later in the week to get a better line. I'm sure +10 will be available at some point before kickoff.

By the way, they opened as a 6 pt. fav.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wont be playing this game, but I lean UM....I think your asking for trouble taking Oregon as a single digit dog

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    My advice: If you like Oregon here (bad play, but hey, it's your money), wait until later in the week to get a better line. I'm sure +10 will be available at some point before kickoff.
    I am already seeing this game at 9.5. Its moving fast.

toastedbread01
    toastedbread01's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only play here would be Mich -8. You need serious balls to play Oregon and the points.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

love UM this week Oregon is headed for an ambush

Lightning350
    Lightning350's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate to say it but last year UM was a very good team. Carr sucks and he did not prepare the team but watch out this week.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY BOY View Post
    love UM this week Oregon is headed for an ambush

GitRDone

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    I am already seeing this game at 9.5. Its moving fast.
    Really, carib has it at 7.5 still. I got it yesterday at -7. Where is at 9.5?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by GitRDone View Post
    Really, carib has it at 7.5 still. I got it yesterday at -7. Where is at 9.5?
    LV Hilton -9.5
    Wynn LV -9
    Caesars -9

I don't see any offshore that high as of yet.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan defense has a lot of holes. Oregon has speed and will put up some points. Could be a close game.

GitRDone

If you think Michigan's D has a lot of holes, Oregon is a lot worse. They gave up over 200 yards on the ground to Houston's RB at home. Michigan's offense and defense is better than Oregon's plus playing at home coming off a loss, this game could be lopsided. The over could be a good play depending on what the total is. The total should be around 60 for this game.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will go out on a limb and predict Ducks get in the 30's if not 40's against Michigan. Will revisit this post Saturday LOL

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't bet on any team after their whole season bubble has burst. They may want to come out strong, but they're basically in mourning.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

grabbed it when it came out last night, Michigan that is...

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

this is a game to watch and enjoy, not to bet on. Who knows which direction it might take? If was a bookie, I would take it off the board!

armyoflovers
    Robyn + 3.5 men
    armyoflovers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fuuck dat, we all saw App State come into the Big House and light the vaunted Mich D apart. I know Oregon has just as a porous D but still D Dix and co will shred Mishitgan apart. You really think Mich is up for this game? Oregon HAS to believe they can win after seeing Rinky-Dink St win last week. Mich has quit, you will see, and while I am not saying Ore will win, they cover.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

You make a good point...Oregon has to think they can go in and win the game outright.

Benson17
    Benson17's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Michigan covers this weekend.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm amazed I was able to get UM -6.5, I had this line at -11 and would have considered a play on the Wolverines at that number. Houston shredded the hapless Oregon defense on the road last week - they would have covered and could have won if not for a -4 TO margin - and it's almost impossible for me to envision a scenario where Michigan scores less than 40 points. Maybe if they get up 21-0 or 28-3 or something and Carr's conservative nature kicks in, but if Oregon can't slow down Houston's playmakers at home, they aren't going to the Big House and slowing down Michigan's All-Americans. And don't kid yourself, Appy State has athletes every bit as good as Oregon.