dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Dave's Week One NCAAF

I mainly play teasers for College Football, but will also make a couple straight up bets each week. I am going to start by posting a list of my opinions. This is a 4 team 14 point teaser in particular:

Strong Opinion
    UCLA/Stanford Under 60.5
    LSU/Miss State Under 59
    FIU +51.5 or the Under (whatever it is)
    North Texas/OU Under 70
    Toledo +20.5
    Bowling Green +28.5
    Troy +37.5

Average Opinion
    Mississippi State +32
    GT/ND Over 32
    Wazzou/Wisky Over 35.5
    Tennessee +20
    Kent +18
    Kansas State +27.5
    Colorado State +16.5

Post any comments and any new teaser options. I do not like to cross zero, but may do it a few times a season. Basically all I do is search for spreads of +14 or higher (often up to +30 point spreads). I also like to search for teams that do not or cannot run up the score (w/ a good defense) matched up against a poor team that likely won't score more than 10 points maximum. I also try not to tease down favorites too often, but will in some cases.

dave11486

Here is the preliminary teaser play (subject to a change or two):

5 Units:

FIU/Penn State Under 64
    I like this play for many reasons. First, the Penn State defense this year is going to be very nice and there is the added bonus of playing this one at Beaver Stadium. FIU will is not likely to score more than 10 points. Penn State will need to turn the offensive jets on this year, but they shouldn't pound this little guy to badly.

Buffalo/Rutgers Under 64.5
    I always look for classy coaches who refrain from running up the score too badly on poor teams. Shiano is just that.

UCLA/Stanford Under 60.5
    Pac 10 teams are perceived as strictly offensive, but these teams do not fall into that category. Plus, two Pac-10 studs, UoweDucks and Conan, are on the under as well.

Colorado State +16.5
    Historically close game that dogs usually cover. Has a low total as well which makes it even more appealing.

Still thinking about these for substitutes:
    North Texas/OU Under 70
    Tennessee +20
    Bowling Green +28

Please post thoughts and comments. I will most likely hold onto the Rutgers play, so this wager will be placed today.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's hard not to like CSU with those points.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL dave...

dave11486

Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post
    GL dave...
    Thanks Pags. Not happy at all with this though. I can't seem to do it quite like I did it last year.