austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags, talk to me about Stanford

yahoo or here...I wanna talk about this game....

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I for one, will be taking Stanford +17 on the 1st of September.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I initially eyed them austin, but can't bring myself to bet them...their skill position guys aren't bad (Ostrander, Kimball, Bradford and Moore), but they have zero offensive line, zero D-line, zero LB's and zero secondary (not to mention practically no team speed)...in no way am I advocating a play on UCLA (don't trust Dorrell laying DD's on the road)...I'm just saying that I'll need to see more from this team before I bet on them...

austintx05

OK...I initially blew this game off due to Harbaugh, but the more I look at this game the closer of a game I do invision. Also I remember when this Stanford team went into Seattle on senior day and beat UW...I just don't see Dorrell having his team focused for a blowout here like some might expect....I think at 17.5 I might bite on Stanford....

pags11

there is definitely some value in Stanford here austin, but not enough for me to play it...at +21 I'd eye it a lot more seriously...remember, that Stanford's won 3 games like the past three years...damn, they are brutal...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

You can also consider in the revenge factor as well. They got blown out last year 31-0 at UCLA.

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post
    there is definitely some value in Stanford here austin, but not enough for me to play it...at +21 I'd eye it a lot more seriously...remember, that Stanford's won 3 games like the past three years...damn, they are brutal...
    o yeah, I am not doubting that, but aside from a fundamental analysis, I like to put on my linesmaker cap.

Answer me this

lsu is an 18 point ROAD favorite in week one with a moneyline around -2200

... and ucla is a 17 point ROAD favorite in week one with a moneyline of -700

makes ya wonder...

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    You can also consider in the revenge factor as well. They got blown out last year 31-0 at UCLA.
    would like to hope so looker...

pags11

that's interesting to note austin...good analysis...