bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Southern Cal RB Moody reportedly set to transfer

I bet other teams wish they had USC's problems like this.

Southern Cal RB Moody reportedly set to transfer

08/16/2007 -

LOS ANGELES (Ticker) -- Southern Cal running back Emmanuel Moody will transfer to another school, according to a report published Thursday on the Los Angeles Times' web site.

USC coach Pete Carroll declined to comment to the newspaper, which did not include which schools Moody was considering.

Moody was the Trojans' second-leading rusher last season and was expected to compete with several other candidates for the starting job this year.

But according to the Times, the sophomore did not attend practice or team meetings on Wednesday and was seen walking around campus talking on a cell phone.

The newspaper also reported that Moody expressed disappointment last week over his role with the team, saying that he "felt forgotten" heading into this season because of a pair of minor injuries which sidelined him near the end of last year and throughout spring practice.

Moody played in nine games last season, rushing for 459 yards and two touchdowns on just 79 carries - an average of 5.8 yards per carry. The 6-1 tailback - who also had three receptions for 39 yards - missed the last four games of the campaign with an ankle injury.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Tough to get playing time on a team that is so deep at every position....

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, we will see quite a bit of this over the next couple of years...lot of talent on the Trojans roster right now...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can't blame the kid for transferring at all really. I'm just surprised he went to USC in the first place when he knew exactly what his role would be in regards to the depth factor.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Any news on what school he is set to transfer to?

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Any news on what school he is set to transfer to?
    Nothing final, but I've heard Oklahoma St. mentioned.

rjt721

This would be a great addition by Butch Davis at UNC.

Former USC running back Emmanuel Moody said Friday that he has narrowed his transfer choices to Florida and North Carolina.

Moody, the second-leading rusher on USC last season, had also considered Texas and Oklahoma State.

Moody, who rushed for 459 yards and two touchdowns, averaging a team-high 5.8 yards per rush last season, left USC because of the school's depth at his position, citing a "business decision."

At USC, running back Chauncey Washington's status for the season opener is in question because of a shoulder sprain. Sophomore Stafon Johnson and true freshman Joe McKnight are among those also competing for the job.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Florida or UNC huh.

Thanks for the update RJT.

pags11

he'd have a better opportunity for playing time at UNC...Florida would be the same situation as USC...

rjt721

Looks like Moody's headed to UF.

I agree with Pags. If his main desire was to be the featured back, UNC would have been a better fit.

Former USC running back Emmanuel Moody said Monday he will transfer to Florida.

"I followed my heart," said Moody, the Trojans' second-leading rusher last season. "It's when you get that feeling that you know something is right and you can't really describe."

Moody ran for 459 yards and two touchdowns at USC, averaging a team-high 5.8 yards per rush last season. He said he left the program because of the depth at his position, citing a "business decision" and his need to be the featured back.

Of the Gators, Moody said, "They get their playmakers the ball."

pags11

yep rjt...the grass isn't always greener if you know what I'm saying...Florida has just as talented of players as USC...