ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24894

What an 8-team Mid Major tournament might look like

Here are the 8 teams that I believe would make it. Five Conf Champions + 3 at large.

*James Madison is the asterisk. I know they made the bowls this year via shortage of teams.

8 Miami OH at 1 Liberty

5 Tulane at 4 James Madison

7 Boise St at 2 SMU

6 Toledo at 3 Troy

Tell me that wouldn't be 10x better than the garbage bowl games of 2023.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Hell yeah Chuck. I agree. TaxSlayer bowl, Dukes Mayo Bowl, Skippy peanut butter bowl, etc. pop tard bowl rice krispy treats bowl

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24894

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Hell yeah Chuck. I agree. TaxSlayer bowl, Dukes Mayo Bowl, Skippy peanut butter bowl, etc. pop tard bowl rice krispy treats bowl
    The bowls have become a joke. At any level, players want to feel like they have a chance. They want to play for a title.

The Liberty/Oregon game was very telling. Liberty's 13-0 record was pretty meaningless:
    *Liberty did that versus a Strength of Schedule < many FCS teams.
    *How could Liberty EVER qualify for an FBS playoff game?

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    The bowls have become a joke. At any level, players want to feel like they have a chance. They want to play for a title.

The Liberty/Oregon game was very telling. Liberty's 13-0 record was pretty meaningless:
    *Liberty did that versus a Strength of Schedule < many FCS teams.
    *How could Liberty EVER qualify for an FBS playoff game?
    Did you think Cinncy a few years back should've been in the FF? I agree. Nothing wrong with this. Could almost look at it like the NIT in basketball except non-power schools, etc. would only be invited...

and I love those dam Rice Krispie Treats by the way. My Ex-GF would make them at home in the oven. Every time she made them they tasted like steel (whatever that tastes like right). I did say that to her too. LOL.