ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24893

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

How much juice are you paying for (+11.5)? line has been steady at (+10.5) and hasn't budged from that number all week long after getting bumped up from (+7.5). Also Tulane has a shitload of starters opting out or in the transfer portal. not just HC Fritz and QB Pratt. I would strongly advise anyone not to bet the Green Wave and to do so at your own peril. Here is Tulane's opt out of players not in the game:

Out for Bowl

• Starting QB Michael Pratt (706 snaps)
    • Starting WR Chris Brazzell (616 snaps)
    • Starting WR Jha'Quan Jackson (314 snaps)
    • Starting TE Alex Bauman (656 snaps)
    • Starting LG Prince Pines (425 snaps)
    • Starting S DJ Douglas (652 snaps)
    • Starting OLB Devean Deal (488 snaps)
    • Starting DE Keith Cooper Jr. (599 snaps)
    • Starting OLB Darius Hodges (401 snaps)
    • Starting CB Jarius Monroe (754 snaps)
    • S Kentrell Webb (179 snaps)

ChuckyTheGoat

Manster, the price I got was -108 earlier today. I should have listed that. The -108 was a legit price.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Manster, the price I got was -108 earlier today. I should have listed that. The -108 was a legit price.
    FWIW, if I can get a play at -110 or less, I don't always list a price. You're right, tho, I should list a price with any play.

ChuckyTheGoat

+11.5 still easily available right now. At better price than that. +11.5 (1.96) is available.

I was listening to some of the pre-game. Per notes, guys out but VATech has guys out, too. Top two VaT safeties out.

Key to the game (IMHO) = how well Horton plays. Pratt was a 65% completion stud. Horton has been 50% this year but his key start came against Ole Miss.

Tulane should have beaten Ole Miss. They were ahead of Ole Miss (w/ Horton starting) most of the game. Some end-game shenanigans where the game was lost (and the ATS lost as well).

Da Manster!

+11.5 still easily available right now. At better price than that. +11.5 (1.96) is available.

I was listening to some of the pre-game. Per notes, guys out but VATech has guys out, too. Top two VaT safeties out.

Key to the game (IMHO) = how well Horton plays. Pratt was a 65% completion stud. Horton has been 50% this year but his key start came against Ole Miss.

Tulane should have beaten Ole Miss. They were ahead of Ole Miss (w/ Horton starting) most of the game. Some end-game shenanigans where the game was lost (and the ATS lost as well).
    Interesting. I play at Bet365 and with my locals here at Cyprus. the line was 10.5 all day today (and all week long for that matter as well). I don't know where other shops had the number at. also I think all of those other players being out is going to cripple the green wave. Tulane at full strength would have a hard time beating this Hokie team. I took Va Tech (-10.5) as I have a feeling this game is going to be a rout. I see a 35 - 13 type of game. We shall see.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Interesting. I play at Bet365 and with my locals here at Cyprus. the line was 10.5 all day today (and all week long for that matter as well). I don't know where other shops had the number at. also I think all of those other players being out is going to cripple the green wave. Tulane at full strength would have a hard time beating this Hokie team. I took Va Tech (-10.5) as I have a feeling this game is going to be a rout. I see a 35 - 13 type of game. We shall see.
    That's why they play the games. Good Luck.

Ya, my view is that this Hokie team can't be that much better than Tulane. I go back to the early-season game against Ole Miss. I'm convinced they would have won with Pratt, and they still should have won with Horton.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 143

Looks like the refs are doing all they can to help the VT cause. That ball was out, no way should have stood as a TD.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Looks like the refs are doing all they can to help the VT cause. That ball was out, no way should have stood as a TD.
    one borderline "bad" call is not doing "all they can" to help the VT cause. It was a "bang-bang" play (to use a baseball term) and not really conclusive enough to overturn the call. again the key being that it was ruled a TD and you need indisputable evidence to overturn it. Had it been ruled a fumble, it would be no different. that call would have stood as well. Having said all that, I sure as hell ain't gonna complain when the zebra's give me a gift or two. God knows I've gotten screwed by the refs and received my fair share of bad calls and the shitty end of the stick more often than not!

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7894

I don’t have any skin in this one but I’m afraid the advantage in this weather goes to the team with the actual wave on their helmet Manster

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    I don’t have any skin in this one but I’m afraid the advantage in this weather goes to the team with the actual wave on their helmet Manster
    yup the gobblers are beating themselves with these ridiculous turnovers. not much you can do when that happens. still plenty of time of left but Va Tech keeps shooting themselves in the foot they are not going to cover let alone win the game!

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7894

What a huge effort to pull away from the team with a mascot of water in such water. Truly heroic
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave texhooper 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    What a huge effort to pull away from the team with a mascot of water in such water. Truly heroic
    well Tex...It's absolutely amazing what happens in this game when you just do the basic fundamentals and don't turn the ball over. Va Tech is doing exactly what I thought they were going to do. run it right down the Green Wave's throat. they are asserting their dominance. that last TD just took away the back door and basically sealed the deal for the Hokies. Tulane is not a team built to come from behind. especially in this torrential downpour when it's almost impossible to throw the ball.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24944

Chucky caught whatever Johnny had.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Chucky caught whatever Johnny had.
    Johnny didn't want to post this so he threw some bread crumbs to Chucky.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 172

I’m here

ChuckyTheGoat

ATS Loser. Bad pick.

Manster, if you had VaT, props. Nice ATS win for you.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave ChuckyTheGoat 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    How much juice are you paying for (+11.5)? line has been steady at (+10.5) and hasn't budged from that number all week long after getting bumped up from (+7.5). Also Tulane has a shitload of starters opting out or in the transfer portal. not just HC Fritz and QB Pratt. I would strongly advise anyone not to bet the Green Wave and to do so at your own peril. Here is Tulane's opt out of players not in the game:

Out for Bowl

• Starting QB Michael Pratt (706 snaps)
    • Starting WR Chris Brazzell (616 snaps)
    • Starting WR Jha'Quan Jackson (314 snaps)
    • Starting TE Alex Bauman (656 snaps)
    • Starting LG Prince Pines (425 snaps)
    • Starting S DJ Douglas (652 snaps)
    • Starting OLB Devean Deal (488 snaps)
    • Starting DE Keith Cooper Jr. (599 snaps)
    • Starting OLB Darius Hodges (401 snaps)
    • Starting CB Jarius Monroe (754 snaps)
    • S Kentrell Webb (179 snaps)

Well I did try to warn not just Chucky but the rest of SBR as well to take Tulane at your own peril (Green Wave backers only) with all of the aforementioned opt outs, injuries, and transfer portal casualties. Sloppy conditions and playing in a monsoon cyclone led to turnovers which made the game very competitive for 3 quarters. But the cream always rises to the top and the Hokies absolutely dominated the 4th quarter with their ground game and coasted to an easy win, easy cover, and easy money for VA TECH backers!...

Da Manster!

ATS Loser. Bad pick.

Manster, if you had VaT, props. Nice ATS win for you.
    thanks Chuck and posted the play in my picks thread yesterday...