A Quant's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4967

Kyle McCord to the Portal

Ohio State losing their QB.

This shit is so bizarre.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47551

College football is now a business and professional sport...It's gotten out of hand.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1052

stupid decision he's a starting qb at ohio st what else do you want

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    stupid decision he's a starting qb at ohio st what else do you want
    More money..there is zero loyalty anymore

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    More money..there is zero loyalty anymore
    i suppose he thinks it's good for him, but what's a gm going to think. where is he going to go that's much better

it worked for penix and nix sure, they moved up teams. where's the move up from ohio state? who's better than ohio state?

maybe he thinks he can go to one of those big 12 or pac-12 (formerly) teams where the conference is not all that interested in defense

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    i suppose he thinks it's good for him, but what's a gm going to think. where is he going to go that's much better

it worked for penix and nix sure, they moved up teams. where's the move up from ohio state? who's better than ohio state?

maybe he thinks he can go to one of those big 12 or pac-12 (formerly) teams where the conference is not all that interested in defense
    I did read something this morning with Ryan Day saying everything is being evaluated including the starting QB...maybe he was told he wasn't the starter anymore and got butthurt?

Get used to it, these top college QBs are going to go after the money and be "free agents" often. Most of them won't be NFL QBs, so I can't really blame them but it has ruined college football.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I did read something this morning with Ryan Day saying everything is being evaluated including the starting QB...maybe he was told he wasn't the starter anymore and got butthurt?

Get used to it, these top college QBs are going to go after the money and be "free agents" often. Most of them won't be NFL QBs, so I can't really blame them but it has ruined college football.
    ok, that would make sense then

i'd be upset over that "evaluating everything" comment too

he's probably got a legitimate reason, perhaps losing his starting job or locker room issues. i'm sure he's a smart kid

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7307

McCord was nowhere good enough to win a NC at OSU.
    In his 3 big games vs. ND, PSU, UM he was mediocre with crucial bad plays.
    He threw a game ending pick against ND that the guy dropped.
    He fumbled a TD for PSU that got called back due to a penalty that would have flipped that game.
    He threw a int inside the 10 yard line that gave UM the game.

Day knew he was not the guy and move on to someone better that is not a statue.