Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Maryland/Va Tech Prediction Start The Day Off Right

This is from the Roanoke VA sports section.

The Hokies will be without starting quarterback Braxton Burmeister, left guard Lecitus Smith along with receivers Tre Turner and Tayvion Robinson on Wednesday. Backup receiver Da’Wain Lofton could also miss the game and Kaleb Smith is dealing with an injury. That doesn’t bode well for a passing offense that’s ranked No. 109 in the country.

(Even) DEFENSE: Virginia Tech will be without four defensive lineman that started the season on the two deep. That list expanded this week with Jaylen Griffin (arm) not making the trip. The Hokies weren’t pleased with depth to begin with up front. They go into the Pinstripe Bowl with multiple true freshmen on the two-deep at defensive end and a converted tight end and walk-on as the backup defensive tackles. Maryland might actually try to run the ball knowing how depleted Tech is up front.

Here's some info from Athlon:

Defensively, Maryland was not strong in any particular area, but its run defense was fairly consistent. In six games, the Terps allowed between 145 and 164 yards, and they held the opposition to under 100 in three others.
    last two games of the season were not pretty. Miami's Tyler Van Dyke threw for 357 yards in the Canes' 38-26 victory, and Brennan Armstrong of UVA passed for 400 yards in a loss. Complicating matters for Virginia Tech, star corner Jermaine Waller is another Hokie who opted out of the game in preparation for the NFL Draft.

Fred The Hammer

In Summary:

Va Tech is in deep shit. Their QB threw 16 passes this year and their top 2 WRs are out. Maryland can easily stack the line and attack the backfield. LIke that Nevada game the other day. All their WRs sat out so the new QB was screwed with a bunch of newbies in there.

Athlon has 34-17 Maryland
    CFN has 34-26 Maryland
    Roanoke Sports has 42-24 Maryland

So far we've had 2 f up teams w/interim coaches and a bunch of key guys bailing out....Florida and Nevada and they both failed miserably. Losing ATS by 17+

Maryland isn't great, but they should get this one by double digits

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    In Summary:

Va Tech is in deep shit. Their QB threw 16 passes this year and their top 2 WRs are out. Maryland can easily stack the line and attack the backfield. LIke that Nevada game the other day. All their WRs sat out so the new QB was screwed with a bunch of newbies in there.

CFN has 34-26 Maryland

So far we've had 2 f up teams w/interim coaches and a bunch of key guys bailing out....Florida and Nevada and they both failed miserably. Losing ATS by 17+

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!
    JacketFan81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3920

I like it. I'll roll with ya

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Im taking the Terps x2 today GL lets cash this today for a good start

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Gotta go with you.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Great write, I'm in!

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Convinced me. Let's roll!

Fred The Hammer

Jeez. I have some game props with Maryland and Over 43.5 45.5 but it looks like VT won't break 10 points

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

At the 5:01 mark of the 1Q I said to my wife, "this game is boring AF, I'm taking a nap, wake me come dinner time"

Not for nothing I'm on the under 55.5 and that punt return didn't even phase me at the start.

Best of luck all, nap time for Nasher.

svsooner
    svsooner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16053

In Summary:

CFN has 34-26 Maryland

Looks real good for you Fred. Do you have any strong leans the rest of the day? I was thinking the clemson under would be a good play. Your thoughts would be appreciated...

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by svsooner View Post
    Looks real good for you Fred. Do you have any strong leans the rest of the day? I was thinking the clemson under would be a good play. Your thoughts would be appreciated...
    Idk? I like Clemson, but Iowa st is just one of those teams. I can't win with or against. Actually I was so confident Okie St would beat them I passed on +7 and Ok st lost by 3. I'm going to skip

Playing OU I think

svsooner
    svsooner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16053

Idk? I like Clemson, but Iowa st is just one of those teams. I can't win with or against. Actually I was so confident Okie St would beat them I passed on +7 and Ok st lost by 3. I'm going to skip

Playing OU I think
    Clemson has been a good cash cow for me this year on the under; kick-ass defense and bad to terrible offense.

The problem with OU vs Oregon is which of each team are we getting? Oregon can beat the OSU, but lose to Stanford and destroyed by Utah?!? WTF?!? And OU is my team, but how motivated are they going to be? And this OU is soft as baby shit. Can't wait for Venables to mold the OU defense to emulate the Clemson defense. Whatever happened to defense wins championships?

If you get a change of heart on the ISU game, let us know man...
    GL!