Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shave lately?

Was going over some NCAAF records, and this one jumped out at me.

In lined games over the last five seasons (not counting bowl games), Miami FL is 43-13 SU, but only 23-33 ATS. Unusual.

Looking closer, I found that Miami's record for games with spreads 14 pts and lower was 13-13 ATS. Perfectly balanced. But they went 10-20 ATS for games with a spread over 14 pts.

In these games with spreads higher than 14 pts, Miami went 27-3 SU (only 10-20 ATS). Some people might consider games in this spread range, err ...

... didn't Tim Donaghy live in Florida? (apparently the Heat was 1-7 SU this season when Timmy blew his whistle).

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

I think I'll pour myself a tequila, sit back, and after a hard day's work enjoy some good old basketball movies. Let's see, game 5 from last year's finals may be just the thing... The 101-100 win that gave the Heat the 3-2 series lead, before going back to Dallas.

Game 5 Officials: Bennett Salvatore , Joe Crawford , Joe Derosa
    Dallas 25 FT's, Miami 49 FT's

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

dark horse, had no clue on this Miami info...thanks...

Helmut
    Helmut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Michigan or Alabama probably has the same type of records. None of these are margin teams.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

For last five seasons. Alabama somewhat, although 5-5 ATS for spreads over 17 pts. Michigan is 9-8 for spreads over 17 pts and 11-8 for spreads over 14 pts. The reason I mentioned Miami FL is that they really stood out.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've taken quite a notice to those numbers you mentioned over years DH. I know each year is different due to the graduations and players leaving early for the NFL. However, The trends seem to continue year after year. Now why would I think anything different this year