BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Week 13 Games of Interest

Rivalries highlight week 13.

First, the games that matter (NOT):

LSU -46 vs Arkansas. Only 46? LSU can call the final score. Their defense is a bit of a concern. Pass because LSU may not play the starters for more than a quarter or so.

Ohio State -19 vs Penn State. Penn State has just one loss, but looks more like a 3 loss team. Ohio State is rolling over everyone. 19 points may not be enough for Penn State.

Georgia -15 1/2 vs Texas A&M. Lucky A&M. They get to close the season visiting Georgia and LSU. Georgia's offense has been missing of late, but their defense gives up very little. Do not sell A&M short Their 3 losses have come to 'Bama, Auburn and Clemson.

Stanford -2 1/2 vs Cal. Stanford has won 9 in a row against Cal. Oddly enough they are 2-3 ATS at home vs Cal. Stanford must win out (Cal and then Notre Dame) to become bowl eligible. Cal has lost 5 out of their last 6 games since starting 4-0. They need a win to become bowl eligible. They finish on the road against Stanford and UCLA.

USC -13 vs UCLA. If the last two games are any indication, Clay Helton really wants to keep his job. His team is 4-1 in their last 5 games and are averaging over 34 ppg during that span. UCLA needs to win out to become bowl eligible. If USC plays their game, they win easily. If not, UCLA has a solid chance against a rather questionable USC defense. The total is 65 and this is a day game in L.A.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 11-18-19 at 04:56 PM.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

nice write-ups. thank you

some big spreads there......

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7313

Penn State + 19 seems like the right side. A late TD by a good offense could get a back door cover in this game.

Best bet is Temple +11 at Cincinnati. Cinci has struggled to score and was lucky to beat a weak USF team.

gojetsgomoxies

BigDaddy, what is going on with UCLA?

i mentioned in another thread how bringing back old coaches has worked really well for alot of of programs........ but chip kelly at UCLA has been a disaster. can they afford to buy him out?

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    Penn State + 19 seems like the right side. A late TD by a good offense could get a back door cover in this game.

Best bet is Temple +11 at Cincinnati. Cinci has struggled to score and was lucky to beat a weak USF team.
    RM, those seem like really good picks........... i like the idea of fading top teams that have trouble scoring.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    BigDaddy, what is going on with UCLA?

i mentioned in another thread how bringing back old coaches has worked really well for alot of of programs........ but chip kelly at UCLA has been a disaster. can they afford to buy him out?
    UCLA NEVER buys their coaches out. Tjey are too cheap to do so. The facts are very simple. Kelly does not like recruting. He followed Bellotti at Oregon and inherited a solid club filled with Bellotti recruits. At UCLA, he did not have that luxury and his recruiting has been terrible. Next season he is just about guaranteed a bowl bid with non-con games against New Mexico State, at Hawaii and at San Diego State. Two MWC teams and New Mexico State. After that, he reverts back to a 4 or 5 win season, having to play LSU and Oregon at home, and then road games against Stanford, Washington, Utah, and USC.

You bring up a very interesting point. Recruiting is a main issue at USC. USC is a 13 point favorite to finish the regular season at 8-4 this weekend, but their recruiting has been way below standard. That, plus the terrible loss at BYU certainly gives a new AD enough fuel to fire Helton and get "his own man". Rumors have centered on James Franklin of Penn State. Some people think that if Penn State loses to Ohio State, Franklin may be interested in moving to a Division in a Power Conference where he will not be the constant 2nd or 3rd fiddle behind Ohio State and Michigan. With proper recruiting, he should be able to dominate the Pac 12 South within 2 years.

gojetsgomoxies

BigDaddy, nice comments

i think programs should look at having a chairman/CEO/COO/etc. model.... get an old charmer to be chairman and work on recruiting and alumni relations. get aggressive young OC and DC and give one of them game-day HC responsibility... basically spread the roles around.

to think that with pete carroll, USC got so many SoCal kids (would it sound impressive if i said Southlands players?) but also tons of 4 and 5-star recruits from other states.... p.s. i would not count super-regional recruiting.

how many schools these days are true national recruiting powers on 5-star kids from across the country? 5 or 6 teams, maybe

gojetsgomoxies

strikes me something is missing in basically los angeles football......... i think USC probably needs to get some OL players from elsewhere, maybe DL too

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    strikes me something is missing in basically los angeles football......... i think USC probably needs to get some OL players from elsewhere, maybe DL too
    Gojets. The Dump which is now the City of Los Angeles has really changed since the days of Pete Carroll. The Hispanic population has really grown. Hispanics do not play football very well. Soccer is another thing altogether. The Black population has remained rather constant, but most of these kids want to play the glory positions like QB, RB, and WR. They also really have a problem Keeping their grades up and keeping themselves out of jail. USC must look to all 50 states for recruits if they want to return to the glory days. UCLA rarely has a real good team, so they do not count.

gojetsgomoxies

BigDaddy, thx.........

you explained things very well.... i notice tons of LA up and down college football but it seems skill and speed positions are over-represented.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

whats your record on the season?

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

4 convictions one mistrial

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Is that your record? Druggies like you should be back where you feel the most comfortable. With you boyfriends back in prison.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    whats your record on the season?
    If I wanted you losers to know, I would post it. You guys are way too pathetic for me to give the time of day, much less anything else. There are a few knowledgeable guys in here like 2dabank when he is sober, gojets, and a couple of others, but by and large, stupidity runs rampant at SBR.

gojetsgomoxies

three lines that caught my eye were:

purdue +24.5 @ wisky
    nevada +14 @ fresno
    colorado +14.5 vs. washington

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    If I wanted you losers to know, I would post it. You guys are way too pathetic for me to give the time of day, much less anything else. There are a few knowledgeable guys in here like 2dabank when he is sober, gojets, and a couple of others, but by and large, stupidity runs rampant at SBR.
    lol i love how you tip toe, dance and dodge around the question with insults. its pretty impressive. i asked a simple question and it clearly struck a nerve. you cant be above .500. youre probably buried. you didnt even know the bama line was -5.5 for -110. thats pathetic.

JayDr3am
    Handi

be honest, you wont give your record cause you know every poster on SBR will be in your ass ALL season long and you cant handle the smoke when it comes. it kind of sucks when the entire community hates you huh

its easy make picks behind closed doors with no record or pick to answer to. coward behavior. arent you like 50+ years old? why are you running?