daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Spread should probably be 10 or 11, but you have to pay a tax on Alabama anytime you take them

I mean, we don’t even know if tua will be 100%

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7289

Bettors should never look at what teams do against common opponents like ND/Clemson against Pitt. It is virtually worthless handicapping. Look at matchups like rushing yards per play, passing yards per play, forced turnovers. Games are always won in the trenches where line play dictates game flow.
    Oklahoma is really strong in the Oline but really weak Dline. Bama is strong in both. They should win easily. Ohio State would have been a much tougher matchup as their DLine is much stronger as Michigan bettors found out.
    ND Dline will keep them in the game against a rookie QB. Taking ND + the points is the play although Clemson should win by 7-10.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

The Clemson line is off. You would think Deshaun Watson is still the quarterback being double digit favorite.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

I would rather have

Clemson ml
    Oklahoma +28.5

ND is not beating Clemson id dont care that it was close in 2015

Clemson 35-16

dbouchot
    dbouchot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

I'd rather bet 1 unit on a OU ND ml parlay than risk a huge chunk on the 2 favorites.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I heard this last year too. “OU gave up a ton of points to Baylor and K-State and they lost to Iowa State at home.” Georgia will kill them 50-20.

Georgia won and covered but that game was a coin flip that OU led for the majority of the game. OU put up 31 in the first half against a defense that had only allowed over 20 points twice all year.

OU’s defense isn’t any good but OU will be comfortable in a shootout. Will Bama? This OU offense is actually better than last years.

I’m not calling for an OU win but people think Bama is going to hold OU to 24 points when in reality OU cold have 24 at halftime.

OU will get in the mid 30s and possibly lower 40s so Bama is going to need to score over 55 to cover. It’s possible but I don’t think it’s likely.

OU should be the dog but they are capable of winning. All it takes is a few turnovers, a special teams play here or here...Bama could find them self down two scores playing catch up. That game favors OU.

Now the flip side could occur too. If Bama gets up and just starts running it down Ou’s Throat controlling clock, it will be hard for OU to come back because they can’t stop anything.
    It comes down to whether OU can score on Bama like they did last year on Georgia. I think Bama is going to put up a 50-spot on OU. I am just not sure OU can keep up. They may, and if they can, maybe it's a 55-48 kind of game and OU covers. However, I also think Alabama/Georgia are better this year than they were a year ago. Alabama struggled in Atlanta in what was more of a road game, but in Miami, I think you're looking at a crowd that's likely to be more Crimson & red.

I stick by my 55-24 prediction. I just think Bama is a much better team than OU. Funny thing is before the Georgia game everyone though Bama would win by 30+. Now because of one game where they struggled it's going to be close?

I do find some value in the ND ML, though. The more I research and dig into that game, the more I think the Irish have a shot at not just covering, but maybe winning. Worth a couple bucks with a bigger bet on ND +11.
    Last edited by navyblue81; 12-21-18 at 09:19 PM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I think you’re going to see Alabama run the ball more. Playing a shootout is exactly what OU wants to get into. It’ll take some pressure off Tua and keep him upright. I like the Under in this game

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I think you’re going to see Alabama run the ball more. Playing a shootout is exactly what OU wants to get into. It’ll take some pressure off Tua and keep him upright. I like the Under in this game
    yeah i got the under early at 82.5

dont think OU scores more than 24. its bama

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

The Oklahoma Alabama game will show why Georgia is the second best team in the country.

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I heard this last year too. “OU gave up a ton of points to Baylor and K-State and they lost to Iowa State at home.” Georgia will kill them 50-20.

Georgia won and covered but that game was a coin flip that OU led for the majority of the game. OU put up 31 in the first half against a defense that had only allowed over 20 points twice all year.

OU’s defense isn’t any good but OU will be comfortable in a shootout. Will Bama? This OU offense is actually better than last years.

I’m not calling for an OU win but people think Bama is going to hold OU to 24 points when in reality OU cold have 24 at halftime.

OU will get in the mid 30s and possibly lower 40s so Bama is going to need to score over 55 to cover. It’s possible but I don’t think it’s likely.

OU should be the dog but they are capable of winning. All it takes is a few turnovers, a special teams play here or here...Bama could find them self down two scores playing catch up. That game favors OU.

Now the flip side could occur too. If Bama gets up and just starts running it down Ou’s Throat controlling clock, it will be hard for OU to come back because they can’t stop anything.
    This^^

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    The Oklahoma Alabama game will show why Georgia is the second best team in the country.
    Definitely agree with this. Although I think an Alabama-Clemson final could be close as well. Clemson has a lot of the same traits that Georgia does that could frustrate Bama.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10365

ND and Oklahoma moneyline, if you betting Clemson and Alabama ml parlay you should probably quit gambling now, I don’t care if it hasn’t lost all year

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Lol. If Georgia can only score 28 against Alabama; Oklahoma will be lucky to get to 20! Georgia across the board has way more firepower than OK.

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    Lol. If Georgia can only score 28 against Alabama; Oklahoma will be lucky to get to 20! Georgia across the board has way more firepower than OK.
    Oklahoma has the #1 offense in college, uga not even top 10

navyblue81

Let's not forget Georgia played Bama in more of a home atmosphere and with Kirby Smart as HC, who knows Alabama pretty well. Georgia has the style of play to contend with Bama. I'm not sure Oklahoma does. They definitely don't have the talent defensively that Georgia has. They're gonna have to come up with one hell of a game plan and figure out a way to go score-for-score with Bama. I think we can all agree Bama is probably going to score a lot of points. It's up to OU's offense to keep up.

First 12