BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Championship Games. From Great To Terrible.

The time has arrived for the Conference Championship games to be played. My list from great games to terrible games:

1. SEC. Alabama vs Georgia. Last years #1 and 2 teams may well be this years #1 and 2 teams. Tremendous offenses, solid defenses and excellent coaching will make for an exciting game. The best game on the board. A Georgia win and we may get a rematch.

2. Pac 12. Washington vs Utah. No one is going to the Playoffs here but the winner goes to the Rose Bowl. This is a fairly evenly matched game. Washington won the regular meeting between these two at Utah, 21-7. Utah has never marched down Colorado Blvd. on New Years Day. Friday Night entertainment.

3. Big 12. Oklahoma vs Texas. Round 2. Texas handed OU their only loss of the season, but has managed to lose three games themselves. Unless another game goes into OT (or 7 OT's ala A&M and LSU) this should be the highest scoring CC game, with OU's tremendous offense and horrid defense. Playoff chances are rather iffy, though Texas is a better opponent than...........

4. Big 10. Ohio State vs Northwestern. 4 loss Northwestern managed to somehow win the Big 10 West, and will face the high flying Buckeyes (11-1) who destroyed Michigan AGAIN yesterday. Ohio State has a strong offense, but the defense is questionable. Urban Meyer vs Pat Fitzgerald in a great coaching matchup. Do not sell Fitzgerald teams short. He does the most with the least.

5. ACC. Clemson vs Pitt. Surely this is a joke. Undefeated Clemson vs a 5 loss Pitt team. Clemson's only two challenges this year were a two point win at A&M, and a 4 point win against Syracuse. I will give Pitt HC Narduzzi credit for winning the Coastal Division, but a win in this game would be one of the biggest upsets in History.

6. MWC, Fresno State @ Boise State. Boise won game 1 between these two 10-2 teams to earn the home (Blue) field advantage. The winner may get a New Years Day Bowl invite if UCF loses their playoff game to Memphis. Both HC's had very good years with their teams and are being mentioned for other HC spots opening up (USC?)

7. AAC. Memphis @ UCF. A game made more interesting by the injury to UCF starting QB McKenzie. This is a huge revenge game for Memphis, who has lost the last two games to UCF by 1 point (this season) and in overtime (last years CC game). A win here and UCF goes to a New Years 6 game. A loss and the streak is over.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 11-25-18 at 02:02 PM.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

I loved watching Baker Mayfield last year but I hope OU loses to Texas somehow? OU would get crushed by Georgia and has no business squeezing them out. If the committee had any balls then any competitive loss by Georgia should leave them in. Little chance OU destroys Texas because they couldn't even contain Kansas defensively. I'll say Alabama 38-24 and OU wins 48-44 and gets in. I'd put OSU ahead of OU too, but I think drawing Northwestern hurts the Buckeyes. If they beat a 10-2 Iowa team or something like that then they'd definitely move past OU.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

good comments...

i thought fresno was gonna host boise (conference record) but i see i was confused somehow. they were never going to host boise as utah state would have been ahead of boise.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Fresno lost to Boise so Boise gets the game at home. I am really having problems seeing anyone defeating Clemson or Ohio State. Alabama may have a bit more of a challenge against Georgia, but they are still -10. Remember there were 3 Power 5 undefeated teams this season. If 'Bama and Clemson win on Saturday, The battle will be between OU and Ohio State to determine who gets led to the slaughter in Dallas against Alabama. If Ohio State gets the nod over OU, the Big 12 will have to seriously reconsider it's position with just 10 teams. Remember, The Big 12 could be shut out for the 3rd time in 5 seasons if they do not get into the Playoffs this season. By the same token, a UCF victory over Memphis means that they will be the only team with undefeated back-to-back seasons NOT to be included in the Playoffs. Both UCF and USF have very large Student Bodys.

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Wheres USC on this list? Oh thats right they suck and aren't bowl eligible and aren't competing for conference-title like Fresno State

Tedford > Chip Kelly > Clay Helton

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by 209 Life View Post
    Wheres USC on this list? Oh thats right they suck and aren't bowl eligible and aren't competing for conference-title like Fresno State

Tedford > Chip Kelly > Clay Helton
    Go away little boy. You will get your worthless arse handed to you over Labor Day Weekend next season. Grow the f**k up.

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Go away little boy. You will get your worthless arse handed to you over Labor Day Weekend next season. Grow the f**k up.
    Lynn Swann Clay Helton