BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

James Franklin to USC?

When I first heard this rumor, I thought that someone got an early start with the Eggnog and Brandy. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Think it out. Franklin is in year 5 at Penn State. His teams have never lost less than two games in the regular season in any season. He is 1-4 vs Jim Harbaugh and Michigan. He is 1-4 against Urban Meyer at Ohio State. He is 1-4 against Mark Dantonio and Michigan State. He loses QB Trace McSorley at the end of this season. The Penn State non-con schedule for the next two seasons offers nothing in the way of decent games.

If he moves on to USC, he still will have the nucleus of a solid team. He will play Notre Dame every year. He will get Alabama in 2020. He will stand a better chance to end up in a playoff game than he will if he stays at Penn State. When asked about this rumor, Franklin did not exactly dismiss it, saying that it was the silly time of the year for rumors. With the Alumni crying out for a new HC from outside the University, this rumor makes sense. Other names swirling around the rumor mill are Boise State's Bryan Harsin and Utah HC Kyle Wittingham.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

what are the odds that helton is gone? (assuming a significant loss to ND on saturday)

i dislike franklin based on a few stories that were made public, but he probably makes sense as USC hire.

i know you won't approve of this, but what about tedford from fresno? i think it might be an amazing hire (although i also have theories about underdog type coaches not being great at powerhouse programs)

mike mcintyre? i think he did a good job at colorado and an amazing job at SJSU before that. colorado firing has a bit of "glenn mason minnesota" firing feel to it. note that i said a bit. mason clearly was doing better at minnesota than MM at colorado

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The odds of Helton being gone when (not if) Notre Dame defeats USC are about 1 to 10. Some say that the only reason he is still there now is because the players did not want a change before the game. All the names you brought up are good names. won so There will be plenty of candidates. If you go back to the glory years of Pete Carroll you will see that the defense was the main reason why they won so many games. I think they look for a defensive minded HC.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 11-22-18 at 06:34 PM.