SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Seahawkharry's NCAA football selections

A write up I found very interesting and why I love the Huskies today.

The Northern Illinois Huskies have been the best team in the MAC over the past decade and have pulled off several big upsets along the way. They beat Iowa on the road back in 2013. They won at Northwestern in 2014. They only lost by 7 as 34-point dogs at Ohio State in 2015. And they pulled the upset as 11-point underdogs at Nebraska in 2017.

This will be one of Rod Carey’s best teams yet at Northern Illinois. The Huskies return 14 starters, including eight on offense. Sophomore QB Marcus Childers will take the next step forward after earning MAC Freshman of the Year honors last season. All 5 starters return along the offensive line with 111 career starts among them.

The Huskies are coming off a great defensive season in which they gave up just 22.0 points per game. They have 6 starters back on D this year, led by 2017 MAC Defensive Player of the Year Sutton Smith at defensive end. He had 14 sacks plus another 15.5 tackles for loss last season and is a one-man wrecking crew.

Smith will certainly challenge an Iowa offensive line that will be missing its two starting offensive tackles in RT Tristan Wirfs & LT Alaric Jackson due to suspension. The Hawkeyes lack playmakers at receiver yet again this season, which is why a talented QB like Nathan Stanley won’t put up big numbers. And they lose their best playmaker from last season in RB Akrum Wadley, who accounted for 1,462 yards and 13 touchdowns from scrimmage in 2017.

The Hawkeyes lose six of their top eight tacklers defensively. They must break in three new starters at linebacker. And their depth along the defensive line is in question for the opener because both Brady Reiff and Cedrick Lattimore are out with suspensions. Both are on the 2-deep at defensive line.

Rod Carey is 11-3 ATS as a road underdog as the coach of Northern Illinois. Carey is 22-10 ATS in all road games with the Huskies. Better yet, the Huskies are 13-4 ATS in their last 17 games a road underdog .

Northern Illinois +10

Get some!!

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

GL today Harry

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Thanks Hman

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Added Virginia tech +7.5 bought this earlier in the week after attending the IFBC conference this past weekend in Vegas. A couple of the speakers spoke very highly of Virginia Tech and there returning players and that they feel they are going to be undervalued first few games of the season and to take them early. I agree and will take the 7.5 points here.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Adding Texas -13
    They were embarrassed last year at home against Maryland and today they visit the Terrapins on their home field. I think Texas steamrolls them today with no mercy. Herman will have his team ready.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Adding Penn st -23
    Fukk u texas

dymd3z
    SEC CHAMPS!
    dymd3z's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 858

Thanks.. I’m on it