gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Sumlin to Arizona

espn says it's done..

i think it's a great hire........ name coach, great recruiter. khalil tate should be very happy. lots of key defensive players were FR last year. only concern is that i think RR recruited for pretty specific schemes (undersized on defense).

while the arizona schools recruit cali fairly well i think there's a great opportunity for sumlin to recruit texas well. maybe even further east.

basically i think most of the western states school being able to tap into cali and texas is a great opportunity... obv, you could say "but why haven't they done that well with it in the past".... boise is one outlier that has tapped into cali/texas nicely.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

No idea if it will work, but he'll get a fair chance to take his time and get his system going. Good move by Sumlin.

Kelley, Sumlin, Goofy-ass Herm Edwards, the Pac 12 South just got fun.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

And after all of these hires, the big winners in the Pac 12 South are USC and Utah. The two teams with stability and a solid recruiting program.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    And after all of these hires, the big winners in the Pac 12 South are USC and Utah. The two teams with stability and a solid recruiting program.
    True, but UCLA and Arizona just upgraded their HCs IMO. May not be a long-term win for the more established programs, we'll see.

I don't think any kids really dreamed of playing for Mora or RichRod. Kelley and Sumlin are popular figures.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Great hire by AZ and a great spot for Sumlin to rebound. Low expectations in Tucson since it is a hoops school. Out of the tough SEC. Roster has talent and he can recruit as well as anyone else in Pac 12.