Touchdown!!!

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

I predicted 40-34 USF not bad

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Final drive sums up a great career for Flowers, Klingsbury should have milked more clock. Kickoff will be crucial, USF is horrible in kickoff coverage.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47535

Duke Fan
    Duke Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9801

Like those you don't have to sweat

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

The non-call on the intention grounding was pretty big for us Over backers... could have very easily changed the sequence of events if USF was facing a 3rd and 17.

Fred The Hammer

Yeah it was huge but TT kept letting guys get behind them the whole 2nd half. No pass rush

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10752

Thank God.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    If they kick the FG then you win the argument and I hit my Over. I can live with that
    Yea but at the time there was what 6 minutes left. If they missed the FG it would have been 31-31 wouldn't it since they scored after that ? I am glad it worked out but i would think % wise at the time it would have been better the other way. When you first said that honestly i was thinking the same thing figuring it would have given a better chance at OT. That would be a good survey question don't you think?

There are 5 minutes left in the game and the Over is 66.5 . It is tied at 24-24 . Would you rather them score the FG or miss it? Of course you have no way of knowing they would score 21 points after that. What would you want to happen?

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    It's easy to say that now... We didn't know USF was going to score in two plays. Coulda easily been clock chewing drive for the win.
    Well that is what scared me because if they got down there and scored the TD and ate all the time up it would have been over. Luckily it went the way you were hoping. But at one point it would have been 31-31 if they did not score the FG . I don't know but i would think that late hoping for a FG makes it harder. But it went the way you thought so that is good.

captrobey

Cmon brother? 31-31 and you don't need anything
    That is exactly what i was thinking at 31-31 it would look pretty good for OT. Never saw them going off like they did in the last 5 minutes. But Eddy called it so i give him credit. But i wonder if in that same situation tied where it was with 5 minutes left how many others were thinking like us hoping he missed it? I was hoping they got the TD to force them to get a TD .

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    Yea but at the time there was what 6 minutes left. If they missed the FG it would have been 31-31 wouldn't it since they scored after that ? I am glad it worked out but i would think % wise at the time it would have been better the other way. When you first said that honestly i was thinking the same thing figuring it would have given a better chance at OT. That would be a good survey question don't you think?

There are 5 minutes left in the game and the Over is 66.5 . It is tied at 24-24 . Would you rather them score the FG or miss it? Of course you have no way of knowing they would score 21 points after that. What would you want to happen?

My thinking was that there wasn't enough time left for 3 tds. If he misses and its 24-24 then 2 tds and 31-31 OT gets us the win....90% of the time anyway. If both teams screw up and TT can't kick FG's past the 20 normally....then we might get to OT at 24-24.

Bottom line...we won and I don't really consider that one to be lucky. We had a pick on the goal line and USF got stupid by running up the gut and taking the ball out of Flowers hands. It should've been 38-34 all along

captrobey

My thinking was that there wasn't enough time left for 3 tds. If he misses and its 24-24 then 2 tds and 31-31 OT gets us the win....90% of the time anyway. If both teams screw up and TT can't kick FG's past the 20 normally....then we might get to OT at 24-24.

Bottom line...we won and I don't really consider that one to be lucky. We had a pick on the goal line and USF got stupid by running up the gut and taking the ball out of Flowers hands. It should've been 38-34 all along
    Yes with all those missed opportunities it should have gone way over.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Well first off, I'm not claiming to be "right" anymore than the next guy. As quickly as these two teams were scoring in the 2nd half, any number of scenarios could have unfolded in the waning minutes.

But as for being tied 31-31 with a minute and change left in the game, I would be pretty worried that USF might kick a game winning field goal and we get stuck on 65 points which would have burned our Under tickets. I just didn't see USF not getting points with that much time left under the college rules (not to mention timeouts in their pocket) the way they were effortlessly moving the ball.

But with Tech leading 34-31, odds were USF was either going to win the game in regulation or kick a game tying field goal which which get us to OT and ensure an Over.

But like OP stated, it should have never even been this close. Win, lose, or draw we capped this game correctly. It took a lot of turnovers on downs and red zone blunders to make this a barnburner total-wise.

Fred The Hammer

Win, lose, or draw we capped this correctly.

Yep...its like poker somewhat. You won't always win with AA all-in vs 99 but atleast you know that you made the right call. I've been hot, but lost with Fla International the other night because their QB got taken out very early. I think +7 was the right side....but def wasn't the wrong side. It would've been either a win or a coin flip if he stays in. Sometimes you just miss? Like I never had San Diego State getting ran over and giving up 21 in a half?

First 123