Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Florida International Temple In-Game Thread

Will Florida inflict some International terrorism on the Owls or will Temple honor their greatest alumni Bill Cosby by lulling FI into a false sense of security and then rape the shit out of them Cosby style?

Big drama!! Give me FI +7

Fred The Hammer

magnumsr35
    [Too Long]
    magnumsr35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1523

😂😂😂😂😂

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Took FIU for small but don’t feel great about backing a public dog here

Fred The Hammer

Looks like a separated left shoulder to me? Dammit!!!

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Yeah, that would be a killer. McGough was one of the main reasons I took FIU.

Off topic, what's with the artsy perfume commercials during football games lately? I can see companies trying to indirectly market to women that are also watching the game, but who else but us degens are watching this one?

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Frustrating. Dude didn’t even need the extra yards on the run

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Yeah, that would be a killer. McGough was one of the main reasons I took FIU.

Off topic, what's with the artsy perfume commercials during football games lately? I can see companies trying to indirectly market to women that are also watching the game, but who else but us degens are watching this one?
    Temple and Under if he doesn't come back. If you aren't going for a TD or key first down then just slide down?

Thats not a fumble recovery. He didnt establish himself back in bounds

Ralphie Halves

Temple and Under if he doesn't come back. If you aren't going for a TD or key first down then just slide down?
    I would say your final game ever is okay to go all out and not worry about longevity. Aint mad at it.

If he doesn't return I still feel FIU has a fighting chance. Over bettors are screwed though IMO.

Fred The Hammer

FIU can't hang if the WRs fall down and let the ball bounce off their chest for a pick? Oh well? Temple isn't very good. I think FIU wins outright if the McGough comes back in the first half somehow?

Ralphie Halves

FIU can't hang if the WRs fall down and let the ball bounce off their chest for a pick? Oh well? Temple isn't very good. I think FIU wins outright if the McGough comes back in the first half somehow?
    I've never seen the backup. No idea. Locked in regardless.

Fred The Hammer

Well FIU may get worn down but I think we capped it correctly. Temple got handled by anybody decent on their schedule. They have no business as a 7 pt fav over any 8-4 team at D1

Ralphie Halves

Agreed, not at all. Seen Temple a lot this year. Gritty, but not that impressive.

Fred The Hammer

FIU showing alot of heart on defense!!!

If they can get 17 pts then we might get the cover?

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

god both teams are terrible.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51473

On FIU but not liking looks of this with McGough out. They are doing 0 on offense, and sure their defense has played great so far, but how long can they hold out and keep Temple off the board with no offense? Any idea if McGough will be back?

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    On FIU but not liking looks of this with McGough out. They are doing 0 on offense, and sure their defense has played great so far, but how long can they hold out and keep Temple off the board with no offense? Any idea if McGough will be back?

He's not coming back. I knew it was a separated shoulder as soon as I saw him dragging his arm. I got slammed by the state champion in wrestling and separated my shoulder in high school.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

He's not coming back. I knew it was a separated shoulder as soon as I saw him dragging his arm. I got slammed by the state champion in wrestling and separated my shoulder in high school.
    They say he's questionable to return so hopefully he can. But not liking chances at this point. Too bad. Like you, I think FIU was 100% right play but when starting QB gets injured, everything sort of goes out the window Ohh well, hope they can still somehow pull it off even though I'm not terribly optimistic...

Ralphie Halves

Perfume commercials now running absolutely amok in the Gasparilla Bowl.

Fred The Hammer

I'm on already on Wyoming -3 tomorrow and San Diego State -6 big on Saturday.

Adding a total I really love on Tuesday:

Kansas State / UCLA Over 64 (-115) on Bovada

UCLA has the NFLs #1 QB prospect in Josh Rosen and a beyond horrible run defense. They score 33.7 and give up 36.7 per game. UCLA is 5-1 Over on the road. On the other side....KState seems like sort of a boring running team but they've been in plenty of shootouts. 34-40 vs Texas, 35-42 Oklahoma, 42-35 Texas Tech, and 45-40 Ok State. This game is a track meet

Someone wins 40-37

Fred The Hammer

Some many good players in Florida.....are you telling me FIU couldn't find a better backup QB than this kid? He's too short to deliver the ball in the right place?

Ralphie Halves

Some many good players in Florida.....are you telling me FIU couldn't find a better backup QB than this kid? He's too short to deliver the ball in the right place?
    I guess I'm all about giving people passes today.

Kid hasn't payed all year. He should do a lot better, but rusty AF right now I'm sure. If he's tough, he'll pick it up soon I hope.

Better hurry too. Defense is gonna be gassed by the 3rd quarter.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Great heart again by the defense but with a QB who can't complete a single pass, I fear this is a lost cause. Sigh...guess that's way it goes though with injuries, sometimes they win it for you, other times they completely screw you.

Fred The Hammer

I guess I'm all about giving people passes today.

Kid hasn't payed all year. He should do a lot better, but rusty AF right now I'm sure. If he's tough, he'll pick it up soon I hope.

Better hurry too. Defense is gonna be gassed by the 3rd quarter.

No pass on taking a sack when you're in field goal range? THey said he started some last year. You have to know better then that?

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah, at least they put something close to a drive together after just going 3 and out several times. Some hope I guess, but still rather disappointing overall. But guess can't complain too much about missed FG - after all they stopped Temple twice on 4th down in their own territory - score could easily be way worse already.

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Yeah, at least they put something close to a drive together after just going 3 and out several times. Some hope I guess, but still rather disappointing overall. But guess can't complain too much about missed FG - after all they stopped Temple twice on 4th down in their own territory - score could easily be way worse already.
    Yeah....very impressed with the effort defensively from FIU. I'd be happy with 7-0 at half. Butch Davis and their O-coord can talk to the QB and try to settle him down. Maybe come up with some bootlegs or option game to bust open a few long plays. The effort is there!

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

You know a game is bad when the announcers start talking about Star Wars and other movies.

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by qwertvt View Post
    You know a game is bad when the announcers start talking about Star Wars and other movies.
    Its bad alright. 50-3, 51-10, and now this

Temple is blitzing like crazy....draw up some screens or a wheel route to the halfback in the 2nd half

BreesIsTheGOAT
    BreesIsTheGOAT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

FIU is incredibly unlucky. They win this game SU rather easily with their starting QB. Sucks

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Its bad alright. 50-3, 51-10, and now this

Temple is blitzing like crazy....draw up some screens or a wheel route to the halfback in the 2nd half

Well at least the game is close score-wise but who knows how long it will stay that way. If FIU can't put together some real offense, well... But I guess at least my under pick is safe! Would much rather have FIU take it though

Ralphie Halves

FIU seems to have 2 different sets of cheerleaders. Hot ones that are on the field, then these crazy fat ones in the stands. Don't really know what's going on here.
    Points Awarded:

BreesIsTheGOAT gave Ralphie Halves 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

qwertvt gave Ralphie Halves 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Fred The Hammer

FIU seems to have 2 different sets of cheerleaders. Hot ones that are on the field, then these crazy fat ones in the stands. Don't really know what's going on here.
    You want to see some beautiful women? I leave for Ukraine on Jan 8th and getting married on the 13th. The women are so hot over there! Its hard to find a fat girl. No fast food....most don't own cars and walk everywhere in high heels. I'm 51 and she's 36!!

Fred The Hammer

Killer penalty. Thought FIU was actually in the red zone for a second.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

That’s why the refs are doing the lawnmower bowl and not the rose bowl

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Look up the definition of atrocious football game and you will see this game as exhibit A

12 Last