ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Zip Pick of the Week

Bowden and the boys head to FAU's backyard to play their bowl game. At first glance you would think this is a huge advantage for FAU. But, if you follow Zips football and I do, you know this area is a hot bed for recruiting for Bowden and the Zips. The Zips are a tough and aggressive bunch! I have said this from the start of the year. I predicted them to go to the championship game and lose. Wasn't happy with Bowden's preparation on how he was going to handle the QB situation going into that game. He has settled on the Frosh from Tampa area. This kid is an athlete with a nice arm. Kiffin has his team playing lights out football. The Zips have started the last two games off slow. If they come out ready to play from the rip, this will be a heated and interesting game. Zips defense can all tackle good. Zips have a Very fast team. This FAU team might be underestimating the Zips. Akron keeps it close and covers the 22 1/2. The Akron kids will have a lot of friends and family at the game to inspire them to fight hard! Go Zips!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I can't see it that way. FAU scores as many points as they want to. Kiffin just received a 10 year extension and will show everyone why he got it in this game. Akron gave up 41 or more points in 4 of their games this past season. FAU scored 41 or more in 9 of their games and 52 or more in three of those games.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Mannnn......22.5 points is a lot of friggin points.

Akron looks like garbage in just about every offensive and defensive advanced stat, yet they manage to hang in game, and have beaten a few pretty solid MAC teams. Common opponent was Buffalo, and FAU lost to their backup QB, yet Akron managed to win, even though getting outplayed.

Mannnn......22.5 points is a lot of friggin points.

BreesIsTheGOAT
    BreesIsTheGOAT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

Line movement says you’re on the right side. GL

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Have to figure if zips cover it will go over. I would expect fau to get 40+ pts. Question is what will that dreadful akron offense score

BreesIsTheGOAT
    BreesIsTheGOAT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

I don’t see why they couldn’t score. I mean they put up 20+ on Toledo. FAU is no 85 bears or anything

ZINISTER

I'm an Akron resident. The offense took a hit when Senior OSU transfer went down in game 2 or 3. Then another kid started to emerge as a good replacement and he went down with a broken leg. Two Florida kids share the RB duties. Both are seniors and both have heart and don't lay down easy. The Frosh QB (Keto Nelson) that gets the start tonight is the best Akron QB since Charlie Frye. This defense needs to get off to a better start and they can make this a game. Akron played Iowa St. tough for 3 full quarters. One of first games this year. The secondary is young and faded late in the game against a potent Iowa St. offense. Take the Zips and the points. These teams the FAU offense is running up the score on do not have the SPEED Akron has on both sides of the ball. Akron's track team is tops every year. Bowden recruits speed and this team can flat out fly! Can't wait to see this one unfold. Get it in on Akron and the points! GL

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    I'm an Akron resident. The offense took a hit when Senior OSU transfer went down in game 2 or 3. Then another kid started to emerge as a good replacement and he went down with a broken leg. Two Florida kids share the RB duties. Both are seniors and both have heart and don't lay down easy. The Frosh QB (Keto Nelson) that gets the start tonight is the best Akron QB since Charlie Frye. This defense needs to get off to a better start and they can make this a game. Akron played Iowa St. tough for 3 full quarters. One of first games this year. The secondary is young and faded late in the game against a potent Iowa St. offense. Take the Zips and the points. These teams the FAU offense is running up the score on do not have the SPEED Akron has on both sides of the ball. Akron's track team is tops every year. Bowden recruits speed and this team can flat out fly! Can't wait to see this one unfold. Get it in on Akron and the points! GL

FAU may win 50-0, but you just can't give 23.5 imo? Thats just too much motivation for the dog and FAU knows they're a huge favorite. That being said I'm on Under 67. Akron 10-3 Over this year and will ball control as much as possible to shorten the game
    Last edited by Fred The Hammer; 12-19-17 at 06:37 PM.

Fred The Hammer

Terry Bowden is a shitty coach

4th/2 at their own 29 and Kiffin goes for it and Bowden lets the defense get fooled somewhat and they make it. Same thing 4th/goal from the 4 and they hurry-up and get the TD. You call the timeout and make sure your defense is ready? Kiffin prob punts or takes the FG if Bowden is doing his job!

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Akron is atrocious. It is what it is. They are a 4-9 team that somehow made it to 7-6. 45-10 final. Lol

ZINISTER

Totally agree!Bowden is gettin out coached!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Terry Bowden is a shitty coach

4th/2 at their own 29 and Kiffin goes for it and Bowden lets the defense get fooled somewhat and they make it. Same thing 4th/goal from the 4 and they hurry-up and get the TD. You call the timeout and make sure your defense is ready? Kiffin prob punts or takes the FG if Bowden is doing his job!

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

In tough now.....need a few TD's

ZINISTER

I'm getting more and more pissed watching Bowden penetrate this game up! These niggers dancing around like a bunch of fockn clowns is getn tough to watch also. #24 DB for Zips is a fockn puci! Watch this cupcake play the biggest puci defense in the world. He won't hit a fockn soul! What is he doing out there? This game went to hell in a hand basket with these kids getn left out to dry with this shytty coaching! How the fock can these dried up dirty diock lickers keep getn coaching jobs? Keep those timeouts Bowden! Hear you can sell em after the game. The refs are a bunch of crooks! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhfock!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winning oasis
    Winning oasis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7651

How do you really feel? I hope they put some points on the board. I have a last leg teaser over 59. GL

ZINISTER

lol GL

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Just face it. Florida Atlantic is a much superior team than Akron is. That is really all there is to it. This game is rather pathetic.

Fred The Hammer

[QUOTE=BigdaddyQH;27441045]Just face it. Florida Atlantic is a much superior team than Akron is. That is really all there is to it. This game is rather pathetic.[/QUOTE

Don't you just get 3 downs in Canadian football? The Akron defense would be great there Yeah....total shit matchup. I'm hoping for Under 67 but Kiffin is such a prick? Prob score 4 more TDs and 2 more onside kicks

Fred The Hammer

Kiffin and Briles's kid. Rapes are ok on campus and they'll bring the rappers over to pay off the kids with coke and strippers. Just the old days with the Hurricanes. Total thug program. I'd pay a months salary to see Kiffin infected with aids. Smug prick.....never done shit without his daddys name

ZINISTER

I'M witnessing something I have not seen from this Zip team, niggers quitting! Then again they are niggers. Guess not that surprised. They are only tough when they are getting the best of it. When they have to fight out of a mess they fold like lawn chairs. fock the Zips and their ****** palyers!

Regul8er
    Wordd

I missed the mark badly on this one too. The first quarter set the tone, when Akron was settling for FG's from the 2 or 3, and FAU was going for it on 4th down.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Kiffin and Briles's kid. Rapes are ok on campus and they'll bring the rappers over to pay off the kids with coke and strippers. Just the old days with the Hurricanes. Total thug program. I'd pay a months salary to see Kiffin infected with aids. Smug prick.....never done shit without his daddys name
    Can the Bull S**t. You are just another Kiffin hater that can't stand the fact that the guy has forgotten more about football than you ever knew. He also makes more money in one month than you do in one year. Kiffin has done more with his life than you will ever do with yours. Do you think you are some type of tough guy or something?

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Can the Bull S**t. You are just another Kiffin hater that can't stand the fact that the guy has forgotten more about football than you ever knew. He also makes more money in one month than you do in one year. Kiffin has done more with his life than you will ever do with yours. Do you think you are some type of tough guy or something?
    He's just a smug asshole so I can see why you identify with his so much! If his last name wasn't Kiffin then he wouldn't be shit. He f'd over Tennessee and that a huge and loyal fanbase.....and yes I am a tough guy! All I see you doing is talking shit to people like a keyboard warrior. I played football. I'm uessing our only known shot at celebrity was applying for My 600 Pound Life

Regul8er
    Wordd

I respect Kiffin as a coach, but he's an idiot. Guy was setting a great example for his kid during the post game conference. With his kid (i'm assuming it's his) or someone's kid sitting right next too him, he decided to smack talk Akron from comments they made before the game, and swear while doing so. Grow up! Did he really have to respond to talk from an 18 year old from Akron?