BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

CFP Rankings Out - What a complete Joke !!!!!

Rankings - College Football Playoff

Last Updated - October 31, 2017
    College Football Playoff

RANK SCHOOL RECORD
    RANK SCHOOL RECORD
    1 Georgia 8-0
    2 Alabama 8-0
    3 Notre Dame 7-1
    4 Clemson 7-1
    5 Oklahoma 7-1
    6 Ohio State 7-1
    7 Penn State 7-1
    8 TCU 7-1
    9 Wisconsin 8-0
    10 Miami (FL) 7-0
    11 Oklahoma State 7-1
    12 Washington 7-1
    13 Virginia Tech 7-1
    14 Auburn 6-2
    15 Iowa State 6-2
    16 Mississippi State 6-2
    17 USC 7-2
    18 UCF 7-0
    19 LSU 6-2
    20 NC State 6-2
    21 Stanford 6-2
    22 Arizona 6-2
    23 Memphis 7-1
    24 Michigan State 6-2
    25 Washington State 7-2

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5441

Looks about right to me. Maybe switch 3 and 4 but that's about it.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

Stupidest thing I've ever seen.

BChrisB

Clemson loses to an non ranked team and they get the #4 spot. Penn State could beat #4, #5, and #6 back to back three games in a row.

BigOrange

Quote Originally Posted by BChrisB View Post
    Clemson loses to an non ranked team and they get the #4 spot. Penn State could beat #4, #5, and #6 back to back three games in a row.
    Penn St choked their way out of the top 4 last week. They would have been 3 if they had not choked.

BChrisB

I can't wait until the updated futures odds open. That will give you a more realistic picture. Kind of sad when odd makers know more about the sport than our so called Committee Professionals who are supposed having greater insight inside the game.

BChrisB

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Penn St choked their way out of the top 4 last week. They would have been 3 if they had not choked.
    Clemson choked to Syracuse and they get the #4 spot??? At least Penn State lost to a #6 by one point yet they put them at #7. Both Oklahoma State and Iowa State have great quality wins yet look where they put them.

Martinr
    Martinr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

I can't wait until the updated futures odds open. That will give you a more realistic picture. Kind of sad when odd makers know more about the sport than our so called Committee Professionals who are supposed having greater insight inside the game.
    Probably varies book to book but I'm seeing:
    Alabama -120
    Ohio St +350
    UGA +900
    Clemson +1200
    Notre Dame +1800
    Wisconsin +2500
    PSU +2500
    Oklahoma St +3300
    TCU +3300
    Oklahoma +4000
    Auburn +5000

write your own ticket bar

These rankings are only put out like this to stir the sh1t. The Committee hears all these media guys saying who should be #1,2,3,4,5,6 and so they want to show who's in charge. At the end of the day the best 4 teams will be in the Playoffs.
    Last edited by Martinr; 10-31-17 at 10:38 PM.

BChrisB

This is way more realistic:

Odds to win 2017 College Football Championship Game (1/8/18)

Team Odds
    Alabama 10/13
    Ohio State 7/2
    Georgia 8/1
    Clemson 10/1
    Notre Dame 14/1
    Wisconsin 20/1
    Penn State 20/1
    Oklahoma State 20/1
    Oklahoma 33/1
    TCU 33/1

Updated Tue, Oct. 31, 10:30 PM ET

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Looks almost dead on to me. Except UCF probably should be ranked higher,
    Dropping Alabama to 2 indicates the Committee is actually doing its homework
    The beauty this year is 2 fold .... (1) If Georgia beats Alabama in the SEC title game Alabama SHOULD fall out of the playoff based on strength of schedule ... (2) With possibly 2 of the power 5 conferences missing out on playoff births (PAC12 / BIG 12 / BIG10) the public outcry to expand the playoff format to 8 teams will be heard
    Points Awarded:

buckeyesooner gave MTek 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26319

This looks pretty good even though only the final ranking matters.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

The rankings are correct. The later you lose the more it hurts. Also remember that there is a lot of football left to play. This will change.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Clemson choked to Syracuse and they get the #4 spot??? At least Penn State lost to a #6 by one point yet they put them at #7. Both Oklahoma State and Iowa State have great quality wins yet look where they put them.
    Clemson didn't choke. Clemson played with a hobbled QB for a half, followed by an incompetent backup. The loss has no predictive value and provides no reason to think Clemson wouldn't beat the teams ranked below the Tigers. And we have recent experience with what happens when Clemson plays Ohio State and Oklahoma.

M.W.

I don't know where to put Oklahma State, but 11 seems too low. And there's a huge gap between # 12 and the teams below. I don't think Virginia Tech's very good.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

What are you. Some kind of Penn State homer? In case your memory is shot, Penn State just lost to #6. The Big 10 is S**T!

BChrisB

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The Big 10 is S**T!
    Sounds like you must be an SEC fan. If not you sure speak like one. No, not even close to being a Penn State "homer." I just call it like I see it.

alecmatt5
    alecmatt5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3494

Lol you're joking right? You do realize they literally just lost to #6 and don't even say "Yeah but it was only by one point and they were leading most of the game" because if you watched that game you'd know OSU dominated both sides of the ball. The only reason the score was that close was because of poor kick coverage, a couple self inflicted turnovers, and the benefit of some very terrible calls (not even talking about the overturn of the interception to touchdown on the simultaneous catch). The buckeyes almost doubled PSU's yards partially due to JT shredding up their defense for over 300 in the air and almost 100 on the ground and partially due to OSU's run defense making Saquon inept. 44 yards on 21 carries for Mr. Heisman leader and that's including a 36 yard TD so I let you do the math on the other 20 carries. Get out of here with that Penn State garbage. They are right where they should be.

BChrisB

Quote Originally Posted by alecmatt5 View Post
    They are right where they should be.
    Both Ohio State and Penn State will be right there where they should be when Oklahoma and Clemson both lose S/U this Saturday. Mark my word N.C. State will beat Clemson as will Oklahoma state will beat Oklahoma.

Nice avatar BTW, been a Buckeye fan since I was 7 years old.
    Points Awarded:

alecmatt5 gave BChrisB 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Don't see anything wrong with rankings. I think they're pretty spot on.

The doomsday scenario would be if Clemson, Ohio State, Notre Dame and Oklahoma all go undefeated the rest of the year and Alabama-Georgia play each other undefeated and it's a close game. Then you'll have to start flipping coins.

I honestly think, though, by the eye test, the top 4 are spot on. My concern with Ohio State and Oklahoma is they don't play good enough defense and any of the top 4 teams in the country would score a lot of points on them, and 'Bama, Georgia, ND and Clemson all have strong defenses this year. That's what separates those four from the rest.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Don't see anything wrong with rankings. I think they're pretty spot on.

The doomsday scenario would be if Clemson, Ohio State, Notre Dame and Oklahoma all go undefeated the rest of the year and Alabama-Georgia play each other undefeated and it's a close game. Then you'll have to start flipping coins.

I honestly think, though, by the eye test, the top 4 are spot on. My concern with Ohio State and Oklahoma is they don't play good enough defense and any of the top 4 teams in the country would score a lot of points on them, and 'Bama, Georgia, ND and Clemson all have strong defenses this year. That's what separates those four from the rest.
    You’re right.

I’m an OU alumni. Neither Ohio State nor OU are top 4 teams.

With that said, OU should stay ahead of Ohio State if the teams keep winning. OU’s horrible defense shut down Ohio State. That was an ass kicking. I like how the AP and coaches polls act like that game never happened.

luckyutah
    luckyutah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2565

There is a huge difference between the CFP committee rankings and Vegas odds to win the playoff. The committee is ranking the teams on their resume to date. The Vegas odds look at the future games to predict who would win. Two very different things.

blap10
    blap10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1449

Things will get real interesting when the U beats Notre Dame.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by luckyutah View Post
    There is a huge difference between the CFP committee rankings and Vegas odds to win the playoff. The committee is ranking the teams on their resume to date. The Vegas odds look at the future games to predict who would win. Two very different things.
    Agree Ohio st is second in odds and look at the rank

could be big time value in one of these since I don't think bans wins

BigOrange

Lol tell us again how The Luckeyes and Pedo State deserved to be in the top 4.

M.W.

LOL. Committee left Ohio State OUT.

Oddsmakers made Ohio State a definitive number two behind Bama.

Ohio State national champ:

yes +400
    no -500

Committee is totally vindicated.