BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Opening Line: Clemson -7 vs N.C State... Any thoughts/input???

N.C State at home. If they win this it will almost guarantee a spot in the ACC Championship. Clemson needs this win for any playoffs hopes, but is Clemson giving away 7 points too much?

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

My concern with N.C. State is their offense. Do they have enough of it to move it on a good Clemson defense? N.C. State's run defense should still be fine. Notre Dame's running game is just as potent as they come and would run it down anyone's throat. I think the Wolfpack will have more success with Clemson. Expect it to be a low scoring game 17-10 type of game. I think the number is right around where it should be.

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

Clemson has their backs to the wall. Believe N C State plus 7 is the play. home team a big deal here.

BChrisB

The total isn't posted yet but I as well expect a low scoring game, that's why I'm wondering if giving up 7 pts at N.C. State is too much to give away.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    My concern with N.C. State is their offense. Do they have enough of it to move it on a good Clemson defense? N.C. State's run defense should still be fine. Notre Dame's running game is just as potent as they come and would run it down anyone's throat. I think the Wolfpack will have more success with Clemson. Expect it to be a low scoring game 17-10 type of game. I think the number is right around where it should be.
    Funny guy.

BChrisB

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Funny guy.
    What's so funny about that? I think he made a valid point.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by BChrisB View Post
    What's so funny about that? I think he made a valid point.
    Well that would include Bama. I dont think they would, dont think they would run it down Clemson's throat either.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

N.C. State has no chance of going to the playoffs even if they win out. The ACC is down to 3 teams, with Miami having the best shot, seeing as they play the next three games at home (Va. Tech, Notre Dame, and slumping Virginia). A one loss team from the ACC probably does not make it to the playoffs, but we know that N.C. State will not. So does the ACC. Watch the officiating. I think a 19-7 score for Clemson is about right. Maybe more.

BChrisB

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    N.C. State has no chance of going to the playoffs even if they win out. The ACC is down to 3 teams, with Miami having the best shot, seeing as they play the next three games at home (Va. Tech, Notre Dame, and slumping Virginia). A one loss team from the ACC probably does not make it to the playoffs, but we know that N.C. State will not. So does the ACC. Watch the officiating. I think a 19-7 score for Clemson is about right. Maybe more.
    It was never stated that N.C. is playing for playoff hopes, rather securing their spot for the ACC championship. A win over Clemson will most likely do just that.
    Last edited by BChrisB; 10-29-17 at 08:02 PM.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

What's the status of that N.C. State RB that left the Notre Dame game? He's their best offensive weapon and his absence was felt last game. They also had two DT's exit with injury.

At first glance, the line doesn't yield a ton of value. Probably a pass for me.

BChrisB

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    What's the status of that N.C. State RB that left the Notre Dame game? He's their best offensive weapon and his absence was felt last game. They also had two DT's exit with injury.

At first glance, the line doesn't yield a ton of value. Probably a pass for me.
    Nyheim Hines status was a simple sprain with no breakage and is expected to play against Clemson Saturday. I'm swaying on N.C. State +7

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The total is around 51 to 51 1/2 now. Neither team has an offense to writ home about, but Clemson's defense is much the better of the two. I think that the linemakers are very close on this game. I see no advantage taking either team here. Crapshoot game.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

The line's too low. The total's way too high. Should be a 31-13 / 24-10 type of final.
    Last edited by M.W.; 10-30-17 at 10:35 PM.

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    A one-loss Clemson is absolutely 100% certainly in.

BChrisB

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    A one-loss Clemson is absolutely 100% certainly in.
    I hope you and others aren't simply basing this off the final of the Notre Dame game. N.C. State lost their entire game strategy when Nyheim Hines went out early with a very minor Grade 1 ankle sprain. The average Grade 1 according to medical sites heals in about a week. He will be up and running and ready to go Saturday. Any ranked team could easily lose @ South Bend this season by 21 without any injuries. So all in all N.C State really didn't do that bad considering the factor(s) that stats don't always represent.

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by BChrisB View Post
    I hope you and others aren't simply basing this off the final of the Notre Dame game.
    You're misunderstanding. When the playoff selections are made, Clemson is in for sure if it has just one loss at that time.
    Last edited by M.W.; 10-31-17 at 08:53 AM.

BChrisB

You're misunderstanding. When the playoff selections are made, Clemson is in for sure if it has just one loss.
    Your actually misunderstanding. This isn't about the playoffs (which Clemson has a shot at and playing for) nor making it to the ACC Championship (which is what N.C. State is playing for.) This about Saturdays game of Clemson -7 vs. N.C. State. To take the points or give the points.
    Last edited by BChrisB; 10-31-17 at 08:40 AM.

M.W.

No, I'm not misunderstanding. I replied to another comment in this thread, which was admittedly off-topic.

And, no NC State has little chance of staying within the number.

BChrisB

I replied to another comment in this thread, which was admittedly off-topic.
    Fair enough.

M.W.

But you never know -- that's why they play the games. Older Clemson fans remember three straight upsets by the Wolfpack in '86, '87, and '88 that constituted half of Clemson's losses in that three-year span.

BChrisB

After all my number crunching and research on this I'm taking ML N.C. State +225 and hedging myself (believing the game will at worst case scenario be in the number) with N.C. State +7

Off topic:

Oklahoma State -2.5 is also a good bet too