dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

now if somebody can give me the winner of the Penn State game. Doesn't really matter I will play PS because I always do. lol It is the only college football team that I always play on. Yes, often it is a tiny play because I realize it is a heart play. However, I feel they will show up today and they can win this game.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Where are you seeing 8 opener on SBR? I have default opener set to Pinny and am showing 3.5.

It was listed on the opening line of SBR. It is funny because they had it at 3 for most of the week, and then last night it popped up at 8. or was it 8 1/2 can't remember for sure.

obviously it was a mistake.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Where are you seeing 8 opener on SBR? I have default opener set to Pinny and am showing 3.5.

In fact, the 8 number is still there.

It was listed on the opening line of SBR. It is funny because they had it at 3 for most of the week, and then last night it popped up at 8. or was it 8 1/2 can't remember for sure.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

I'm so upset because the spread seemed too good to be true for BC. I couldn't figure out why they were underdog in the game...period. And when spreads seem too good to be true, you usually stay away because you feel like there's a trick somewhere in it. But this was one of those where the linesmakers and people betting FSU were drunk when they favored them and bet them.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    I'm so upset because the spread seemed too good to be true for BC. I couldn't figure out why they were underdog in the game...period. And when spreads seem too good to be true, you usually stay away because you feel like there's a trick somewhere in it. But this was one of those where the linesmakers and people betting FSU were drunk when they favored them and bet them.

you are so right, you must be a seasoned player. At least that is the exact why I look at these games.

I think part of the line might have been based on past performances, FSU with a great to good reputation, BC not so much. They missed the last two games BC played. And they probably weren't paying much attention to FSU poor performances, add to that an inability to protect the QB. and the attitude of the players.

Hey hindsight is 20-20 but I think you are correct on your assessment.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post

I AM talking about SBR and I show 3.5 with default set to Pinny. What book is your default opener on SBR?

LT Profits

OK, you have your opener set to BOL. They have very early "openers" at like 2:00 ET on Sunday afternoons that are more like outlaw lines and then they adjust later on after "real" openers come up at Bookmaker/Pinny/5 Dimes. I would change your settings to display one of those three as openers. Bookmaker comes out first for college foots although I use Pinny openers myself.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

OK, you have your opener set to BOL. They have very early "openers" at like 2:00 ET on Sunday afternoons that are more like outlaw lines and then they adjust later on after "real" openers come up at Bookmaker/Pinny/5 Dimes. I would change your settings to display one of those three as openers. Bookmaker comes out first for college foots although I use Pinny openers myself.

yes, the first view I have of lines is opener from SBR. my confusion came from the fact that early in the week they had it at 3 or 3.5. then on Friday I think it changed to 8. Now no book had that change, it was obviously an error. I like to see the opener that SBR had and then compare that to how the line changed. However, this is the first time I remember that they had an error of this many points.

LT Profits

yes, the first view I have of lines is opener from SBR. my confusion came from the fact that early in the week they had it at 3 or 3.5. then on Friday I think it changed to 8. Now no book had that change, it was obviously an error. I like to see the opener that SBR had and then compare that to how the line changed. However, this is the first time I remember that they had an error of this many points.
    It was not an error, BOL did have terrible "opener" of +8. Re-read what I wrote.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

It was not an error, BOL did have terrible "opener" of +8. Re-read what I wrote.

okay, TY.

First 12