BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

BYU vs LSU

A very interesting game. It has been moved to the Superdome in New Orleans. Advantage LSU. The line is now up to LSU -14 1/2 in some Vegas shops. BYU has been a 9 point + dog just 9 times in the past 8 years. Their record...8-1 ATS. BYU loves to play them close, especially as a big road dog. Now BYU's offense was basically non-existent last week against FCS Portland State. It looked terrible. LSU's offense has looked terrible for years now. I expect some improvement from their offense, but not a lot to begin the season with. LSU also loses the services of LB Arden Key, who averaged 1.1 sacks per game to lead the SEC last season.

14 1/2 points is a lot to give, especially with a total of around 48, not real high to begin with. LSU should have enough offensive talent to grind out a win here. But even if they play a conservative game one and win 17-3, that still does not cover a 14 1/2 point spread. Take BYU and the points if you are going to play this game. I may pass on it. I do not like playing games with a lot of intangibles mixed in it and this is certainly one of those games.

Gamblinmann
    Gamblinmann's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 107

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    A very interesting game. It has been moved to the Superdome in New Orleans. Advantage LSU. The line is now up to LSU -14 1/2 in some Vegas shops. BYU has been a 9 point + dog just 9 times in the past 8 years. Their record...8-1 ATS. BYU loves to play them close, especially as a big road dog. Now BYU's offense was basically non-existent last week against FCS Portland State. It looked terrible. LSU's offense has looked terrible for years now. I expect some improvement from their offense, but not a lot to begin the season with. LSU also loses the services of LB Arden Key, who averaged 1.1 sacks per game to lead the SEC last season.

14 1/2 points is a lot to give, especially with a total of around 48, not real high to begin with. LSU should have enough offensive talent to grind out a win here. But even if they play a conservative game one and win 17-3, that still does not cover a 14 1/2 point spread. Take BYU and the points if you are going to play this game. I may pass on it. I do not like playing games with a lot of intangibles mixed in it and this is certainly one of those games.
    Since my card is all chalk, I'm looking for a live dog. If this one hits 15, it might be worth a play. This looks like a 21-17 type game.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinmann View Post
    Since my card is all chalk, I'm looking for a live dog. If this one hits 15, it might be worth a play. This looks like a 21-17 type game.
    You did not tale Colorado State plus the points against Colorado? You can still get 6 points in some shops in Vegas.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

That should be take, not tale,

Gamblinmann

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You did not tale Colorado State plus the points against Colorado? You can still get 6 points in some shops in Vegas.
    I meant to say my card is heavy chalk. I took your advice from last week about betting CSU when the game was on if they looked good so I bet them in the 4th quarter and got +6.5 at one book and +7 at my other one. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Gamblinmann

BYU+16 at oddsmaker.

dr.sauce
    dr.sauce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3409

Having watched Matt Canada call Pitt's offense last year, the over is the easy play here. Pitt averaged 40.9 ppg, and their lowest point total was 24. LSU's offense will be drastically different from anything anyone has ever seen in the Les Miles era. I think Pitt was 11-1 OVER the point totals for the entire season last year. Sure Peterman and Connor were both drafted, but the overall talent pool Canada has to work with at LSU is way deeper.