gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

impact transfers?

i know most of us in here look at returning starters alot as a good piece of handicapping info.

but reading team previews i see so much reference to high quality transfers, especially at QB.

is there a good source for this info? surprised phil steele isn't all over this.

a few under-radar teams with some nice transfers coming in. quality and quantity....... virginia - oline, rutgers - skill positions, nevada - alabama qb and a new pass-oriented coach. also, max browne at pitt but not sure he is necessarily better than pitt's general level of play.

there must be many more i'd think..............i think the big thing is highly touted transfer QB as i'm leery of teams without returning QB but a stud QB from a much better program is good.

gojetsgomoxies

alu solomon too from arizona to baylor but not sure how good he is and i think he's 2018 on-field. edit: he is immediately eligible.

also, grier at WV, and barnett at ASU... ex florida and alabama qb's.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I shy away from betting teams with transfer QBs, since you don't know how they're going to match up with the system. It usually works out okay, but sometimes it takes awhile.

Stidham and Grier will be the most exciting to watch this year IMO. Screw Baylor, I might not even watch that team this year.

gojetsgomoxies

brandon harris LSU to NC.......... texas state and FAU picked up high profile transfers from big programs - miss state and FSU.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Yeah, there's been a lot. I think the two I mentioned are still the most intriguing.

I want Max Browne to do well. Did feel bad for him.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

phil steele will have updated rosters with injuries/transfers aug 1

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Stidham is probably the most important transfer because if Auburn falls flat on it's arse this season, the wolves will be out in force to get Malzahn. The schedule is no help, with games at Clemson, LSU, Arkansas and A&M, plus home games against Georgia and 'Bama.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Don't really think he makes that much of a difference in aub's O. They're a running team and white can do that.