BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Just How Stupid Are Fans?

At the end of January of this year, CBS Sports published a poll of their Top 25 College Football Teams for 2017 and then asked people to decide if the team in question was ranked too high, or too low. The people responded just like sheep being led to slaughter. EVERY team was ranked as "Too High". No team was ranked as "Too Low". Now that does not mean that everybody ranked every team as "Too High", but what it does mean is that fans have very little knowledge about any team outside their Conference. And they wonder why they lose their arse every season.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Bigdaddy, did you compete in the BTP contest last year? If so, how'd you end up doing?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    Bigdaddy, did you compete in the BTP contest last year? If so, how'd you end up doing?
    Yes and I did O.K. Not good enough to win, but O.K. My highest finish in that contest has been a 3rd place overall a couple of years ago. To be perfectly honest about it, I let one of my grand daughters make most of the picks. If they win, they get to choose what they want out of the SBR Store. If they win money, they get the money. It teaches them how to wager to a degree. It is a cheap price for them to pay, compared to the 90% of the posters in here who actually wager real money and lose it.

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Yes and I did O.K. Not good enough to win, but O.K. My highest finish in that contest has been a 3rd place overall a couple of years ago. To be perfectly honest about it, I let one of my grand daughters make most of the picks. If they win, they get to choose what they want out of the SBR Store. If they win money, they get the money. It teaches them how to wager to a degree. It is a cheap price for them to pay, compared to the 90% of the posters in here who actually wager real money and lose it.
    At least they're not posting phony spreadsheets.