BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Teams That May Surprise, One Way Or Another

My early impressions of teams that may do better, or worse than expected this season.

Florida State. Worse. Everyone expects Florida State to make another final 4 appearance, but their schedule may say otherwise. If they lose their opener to Alabama (a relatively safe bet), they must then run the table which includes home games against Miami and NC State, back to back, and Louisville, and away games at Clemson and Florida. Doable? Yes, but certainly not as easy as some people make it look like.

Miami. Better. I have seen a lot of 8-4 or 9-3 predictions, but who do they lose to? They have a very tough away game at Florida State, but host Coastal Conference foes Ga. Tech, Va. Tech, and almost independent Notre Dame. Unless this team falls apart, I cannot see two losses to that group.

Maryland. Worse. I see a lot of 6-6 predictions but here is the problem I have with that. The Terps open at Texas, and after two soft non-con games, they go to Minnesota, Ohio State, host Northwester, and then go to Wisconsin in a 4 week span. They also close at home against Michigan, at Michigan State, and at home against Penn State. I see 8 potential losses.

Michigan. Worse. The whole world has Michigan at 10-2. Losses at Penn State and home to Ohio State are certainly understandable predictions. But what about Florida to open the season and a game at Wisconsin? 3-4 losses is a lot more realistic.

Wisconsin. Better. I know many predict a 10 win season for Wisky, but I think they can run the table. 17 out of 21 starters return, and a game at Nebraska is the only tough away game they have. They get Iowa and Michigan at home.

Stanford. Better. I think this team is the big spoiler in the Pac 12. 16 starters return. They get UCLA, Oregon, Washington and Notre Dame at home. The game at USC in early September is the only huge away challenge, though Wazzu in the Paluse in November can be a challenge.

UCLA. Better. Is this a do or die season for Mora. He gets QB Rosen back. Games against Hawaii, at Memphis, both Arizona's and Cal should yield a 5-0 record. Home games against A&M, to open the season, Colorado, and Oregon are winnable. The game at Utah is also winnable. That adds up to 9 wins.

Kentucky. Better. I see a lot of 7-5 and 6-6 predictions for a team that returns 8 starters on both sides of the ball. 3 wins in their 4 non-con games is certainly doable. Games at South Carolina, Miss. State, and VAndy, and home games against Mizzou and Ole Miss are certainly winnable. They host Tennessee the week after the Vols trip to Alabama.

Arkansas. Better. Another 6-6, or 7-5 team that I think can improve. Their non-con schedule has 3 lock wins on it, and a home game against TCU. Games against A&M, South Carolina, both Mississippi's, and Missouri are also rather winnable. If things go right, this team can win 9 games.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i like alot of those picks.....

UCLA loses a ton of good players. rosen is big though and that 5-0 start would do wonders for confidence.

i need to a spreadsheet - and post it here - on conference teams that each team avoids.......... i think all big 5's are divisional - big 12? - so i assume they only miss teams from the other division.. missing ohio state vs. missing indiana is massive.