chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Does Washington Have Any Chance to Beat Alabama?

SBR, give me your thoughts. I want real thoughtful opinions here. Should Alabama just skip this game and start prepping for the National Championship, or does anyone think Washington has a shot here? If so, why do you think Washington can beat Alabama?

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i would say NO and i'm washington fan.........

i think a big layoff like this harms the lesser talented but big momentum team. in this case washington. look at how bama rolled over USC early in season. they are very prepared anytime anywhere. many other teams need to warm up.

haven't checked but 3 key players that were injured at end of year were greg gaines - de/olb washington - hazeem victor - mlb washington - and marlon humphries - cb alabama.......... washington's best pass rusher and run stoppers by far. and they really missed gaines on the pass rush apparently..... it may not matter but washington's john ross was reallly big play receiver. having humphries at cb for bama will effectively neutralize that.......... no idea if any of the 3 are coming back.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

alabama killed usc who dominated washington......

i realize usc played alot better later in season and had different qb later too. and i realize this logic doesn't always make that much sense. but usc superior talent caused fits for washington. and alabama's talent is far superior to usc's.

as to point spread, who knows?

TheRedZone
    TheRedZone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

Do they have any chance? Why wouldn't they? Every team has chance lol