gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

bowl games and conference ATS

i am no expert so i hope i did this right..

i went to killersports and did non-conference january and december games. figured this is a proxy for bowl games... hopefully someone can tell me how to do bowl games themselves.

anyway, the last 11 bowl seasons,

Big 12 has had 1 winning ATS season.

SEC has 1 losing ATS season, and it was 40% in that season.

not sure how killersports.com handles conference changes. whether their historical database considers FAU as sunbelt until it joined CUSA and then CUSA. or if they just change FAU to CUSA and then all its historical results become CUSA..

i think they do it properly as they have Big East and WAC bowl records for that 11 year period.

of course, bear in mind that SEC and Big 12 today aren't the same as the conferences that achieved those extreme winning and losing ATS records...
    Last edited by gojetsgomoxies; 12-06-16 at 03:34 PM.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

perhaps surprisingly Conference USA has been consistently good ATS in bowl games.

MAC has had crazy volatility ATS season to season........ but i don't see any dominant winning bowl ATS seasons, but i see lots of very poor ATS bowl seasons.......... doing this from memory but last 2 seasons were small winners AFTER 2 horrendous seasons.