gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

thursday night: ASU +6 vs. Utah

this one jumps out at me.

ASU is very well-coached and unique.... utah is not high powered offense at all...... thursday night home crowd... utah feeling pressure of Pac12 South race.

i haven't checked but i'm sure the flies in the ointment are that ASU seems to always have issues (talent/depth issues) and i'm sure a mediocre run defense....

EDIT: ok, it looks statistically that ASU's issues are more pass D........ of course, pac12 = alot of passing so not sure how adjusted the statistic is...

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

with tears in my eyes I took a Utah [ - 6 ] !!

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    this one jumps out at me.

ASU is very well-coached and unique.... utah is not high powered offense at all...... thursday night home crowd... utah feeling pressure of Pac12 South race.

i haven't checked but i'm sure the flies in the ointment are that ASU seems to always have issues (talent/depth issues) and i'm sure a mediocre run defense....

EDIT: ok, it looks statistically that ASU's issues are more pass D........ of course, pac12 = alot of passing so not sure how adjusted the statistic is...
    Utah is 33rd in the nation in rushing ypg and 87th in passing ypg. ASU is 16th in defense against the rush in terms of rushing ypg.

Nine of ASU's players that missed their last game are scheduled to play tonight including QB Wilkins.

H-Diesel503
    H-Diesel503's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2361

16th in rush defense when they play in a passing league......tell me how meaningful that stat is.....

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

arizona st covers easy

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by H-Diesel503 View Post
    16th in rush defense when they play in a passing league......tell me how meaningful that stat is.....
    It all has to be taken into context, that's for sure. It depends largely on the teams they've played so far. As we see with Utah, not all the teams are passing teams.

Also, what about the other teams in this "passing league". Do they have just as few rushing yards against them? That would be a relative point.

JTrain
    JTrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

I'm on Utah - 5 so you should be fine. Think Utah is the better team overall and has more to play for.