Betpoints: 15084

If the draft were today, Deshone Kizer would be the #1 QB

Heard it on the radio just now.

Legit? Discuss.

F the election.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Ive heard that on the radio many weeks ago, thought it was a joke since I came in on the tail end of it, maybe I havent seen enough of him I guess.
    Last edited by jtoler; 11-08-16 at 03:58 PM.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I would have assumed Watson.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

it had to be a joke.. i wouldnt be surprised if a linebacker or an linemen went for before kizer lol

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    it had to be a joke.. i wouldnt be surprised if a linebacker or an linemen went for before kizer lol
    Just the #1 QB, not overall.

Looking like a weak draft for QBs this year as of right now. Many of the really good ones aren't eligible yet.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Just the #1 QB, not overall.

Looking like a weak draft for QBs this year as of right now. Many of the really good ones aren't eligible yet.
    OH in that case yeah that could be true.. trubisky & watson would give him a run for his money

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10442

The talking heads also said hackenberg would be the top qb about this time last year. We saw how that worked out. So much will change by draft day. It's pointless to speculate now.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

he was almost consensus #1 overall pick in mocks about a month ago... i too was surprised and it was discussed on this forum then.

myles garrett sp? seems to be consenus #1 pick right now. watson 2nd but maybe not consensus. pretty much cloudy beyond those 2 players .... NC QB has moved up alot.

gojetsgomoxies

i get the feeling that one high profile mock draft puts kizer at #1 and then the others panic and put him there as they are afraid they'll be wrong. that leads to a consensus or near-consensus that isn't relevent - those mocks didn't come to that situation with independent thinking.

Electrons
    Electrons's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I don't even think Kizer is coming out.

He's not playing all that good.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The 49ers may have the #2 pick in the draft. It is no secret that they want to dump Kaep, so Watson would be a good fit for Kelly.

gojetsgomoxies

i see si.com mock draft this morning has kizer in 2nd round................

i'm no college football or mock draft expert but some things that jumped out at me - doesn't mean they are wrong and this is a bit pac 12 oriented.

peppers late-ish 1st round

marlon humphrey 2nd round as are adoree jackson, fabian moreau and joe mixon (very early 2nd round).

3rd round - vanderdoes, schuster-smith, brad kaaya.....

i'm assuming peppers is some sort of tweener - negative connotations ............ is humphrey going that low?

if i'm not mistaken, si.com has safeties going 2nd and 3rd... i have to see that to believe it.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/03/29/nf...rd-round-picks

gojetsgomoxies

did some cursory research - if you can call it that - on marlon humphrey.

excellent athleticism........... poor technique, instinct, awareness etc......... i don't know marlon so i hate judging him too much, but i wonder if he has entitled attitude.

didn't realize there was so much to playing CB - or WR for that matter ... i thought you can just put an unbelievably fast player player, teach them a few things and be set. but apparently not.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    did some cursory research - if you can call it that - on marlon humphrey.

excellent athleticism........... poor technique, instinct, awareness etc......... i don't know marlon so i hate judging him too much, but i wonder if he has entitled attitude.

didn't realize there was so much to playing CB - or WR for that matter ... i thought you can just put an unbelievably fast player player, teach them a few things and be set. but apparently not.
    Yea more to it than that or every track guy would try football, Al Davis tried that track stuff in the late 70's and/or 80's, didnt work. If thats the same guy as I remember in chip game he was getting beat some but he was noticeably gassed as Bama D was on field alot, I remember them saying during the game he was rated best cb or really high if thats the same guy, he looked real frail.