JTrain
    JTrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

Where can I find this? Including streaks that continue to the next season (ex. team loses five straight to end 2015 and loses first four of 2016 for nine straight losses.)

Same thing with winning streak.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

you could use killer sports or sports database i think to come up with the answer for in-season........ not sure about continuation to next season though,.

there's a poster on a competing site - where we to escape big daddy for awhile - who knows those databases really really well....

gojetsgomoxies

http://killersports.com/nfl/query?sd...+S+D+Q+L+%21++

last 20 years in nfl, looks like 1 10 game ats losing streak and 2 9 game streaks (within season)... note on the link i posted you have to grade the last game for those streaks.

http://killersports.com/ncaafb/query...+S+D+Q+L+%21++

college it looks like 2 12 game ats win streaks and 2 10 game ats losing streaks in last 20 years. again, one season only........ note that a 10 game ats losing streak team won't make conf championship nor bowl game likely so ats winning streak has more potential for huge numeric season.

JTrain

Thanks for the links, gojets.If you can figure out streaks that span more than one season, that is really what I need.

Basically I'm trying to figure out if there is any realistic chase system using very small unit size that would never have historically lost.

gojetsgomoxies

you have motivated me to refresh my password on that other forum.......... so i should have an answer for you.

almost certain those queries i posted are one season only.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

These must have been some really sorry teams, but I considered this with
    baseball because they play everyday but with a dog

JTrain

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    you have motivated me to refresh my password on that other forum.......... so i should have an answer for you.

almost certain those queries i posted are one season only.
    Password refreshed?

JTrain

If we can't figure out this info, I'd like to know where to go to find current streaks.

If we could determine that, in a given sport (also would like to look at NBA and CBB), no one has ever lost (or won) more than 15 straight ATS, we could implement a reasonable chase system starting with teams that have lost (or won) 6, 7, or 8 against the spread.
    Last edited by JTrain; 10-17-16 at 12:46 AM.

gojetsgomoxies

i just googled this...

http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/ats-standings

very interesting stat to look at..

one theory i'm working on is that playing a 3, 4 or 5 game ATS streak team is not the same earlier in season as later in season. thinking more on the ATS losing streak than winning streak.

gojetsgomoxies

4 teams that jumped out at me,

memphis is on ats losing streak after starting strong.

temple has been ATS gold.... i tended to agree with those who thought temple had hit its ceiling. i was wrong.

kentucky = nice little ATS winning streak. this one is very quiet.

not quiet at all but NC State on a very nice ATS winning streak.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This season's hot and cold teams ATS:

Auburn 5-1. Ball State 5-1. Cincinnati 1-4, have failed to cover in their last 4 straight. Colorado 6-0. 7-0 including last season. Eastern Michigan 5-1, 5 straight covers. Marshall 0-5. Michigan State 1-4, lost their last 4. Nevada 1-5, lost their last 4. Oregon 0-4-1, 0-6-1 including last season. UTEP 1-5, lost their last 5. Western Michigan, 5-1. Wisconsin 5-1.

I did not include teams who broke streaks last week.

gojetsgomoxies

a few more..

east carolina 4 loss streak.. had no idea how this team was/is doing.

eastern michigan 5 game ATS winning streak....... haven't had an excellent ATS season in at least 15 years.

so miss 3 game losing streak . a great ATS story last year (i think)

nevada and arizana losing streaks....... arizona hasn't been competitive at all.

georgia state 4 game winning streak.

those are all ATS streaks. i got lazy in terms of putting it in for each.

JTrain

http://killersports.com/nfl/query?sd...+S+D+Q+L+%21++

last 20 years in nfl, looks like 1 10 game ats losing streak and 2 9 game streaks (within season)... note on the link i posted you have to grade the last game for those streaks.

http://killersports.com/ncaafb/query...+S+D+Q+L+%21++

college it looks like 2 12 game ats win streaks and 2 10 game ats losing streaks in last 20 years. again, one season only........ note that a 10 game ats losing streak team won't make conf championship nor bowl game likely so ats winning streak has more potential for huge numeric season.
    Can you show me how to run this query or do it with MLB and NBA?

gojetsgomoxies

JTrain,

if you click on the link, the query will be there..... then i go to copy-paste. ctr-A to grab data, ctr-C to copy, ctrl-V to paste into whatever sport i want

and the query has a date that you can change.

big general trick too is to use the nfl or nba query to matrix to come up with criteria and then copy them to ncaa football as it doesn't have a matrix feature,

the basics of killersports.com database are really really easy to learn........ more complex is tougher as not sure where to find codes
    Last edited by gojetsgomoxies; 10-17-16 at 06:09 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JTrain

gojetsgomoxies

ats streak and date >20080101

most common streaks like below 6 games are pretty close to 50/50 to continue...... get some more interesting results further out but of course then way less data so less statistical significance

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Arizona is a disaster. 2-5 With Stanford, at Wazzu, Colorado, at Oregon State, and Arizona State left. I can easily see two losses which eliminates them from a bowl game. RichRod is looking for a new gig.

JTrain

Thanks. Doesn't look like it works in MLB (ats must not be the right way term)

For NBA, there were two 15-game ATS winning streaks and one 13-game losing streak.

I'm trying to see a flaw in using a standard martingale chase with small unit sizes such as the following:

You only start the system when a substantial streak has been accomplished (say, 8 straight ATS wins or losses for NBA, 6 straight ATS wins or losses for football)
    Last edited by JTrain; 10-17-16 at 08:56 PM.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

i just googled this...

http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/ats-standings

very interesting stat to look at..

one theory i'm working on is that playing a 3, 4 or 5 game ATS streak team is not the same earlier in season as later in season. thinking more on the ATS losing streak than winning streak.
    statfox.com has a sortable table. Looks like Colorado is 7-0 ATS so far this year.

http://statfox.com/cfb/teamreport.asp?season=&sortby=atsw&stype=

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    statfox.com has a sortable table. Looks like Colorado is 7-0 ATS so far this year.

http://statfox.com/cfb/teamreport.asp?season=&sortby=atsw&stype=
    he wanted streaks NOT records........

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

he wanted streaks NOT records........
    By looking at the table you can see that Colorado has a "streak" of 7 ATS wins. You pointed out in Post 12 of this thread some teams that had fewer ATS streaks than that this year. I was pointing out a tool he can use that shows longer streaks than you mentioned and something he can use for YTD.

I love killersports.com. I use it for some good analysis. Do you have a favorite system you like?