gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

people think stanford will be good value going forward? and washington question?

what's wrong with stanford? i had been wrongly predicting stanford's demise for awhile now...

but i think their amazing OLine recruiting classes have finally made it out - don't get me wrong, they have good ones all the time but for awhile they had amazing OL recruits

similarly, they haven't had amazing players on D but they certainly have had to replace alot the last 2 years AND they don't have much depth.

but my sense is that they should be able to get it back together...

on washington, i see people putting them into the college playoff already......... but of course, they have 4 good teams (utah, usc, arizona state, washington state) and 2 mediocres - or worse - left in cal and OreSt.... plus the pac 12 championship game (not sure who that will be............ does USC have a chance?).... basically no UCLA in reg season.

petersen is a genius as he doesn't have the most amazing talent. certainly compared to ucla/usc and many others around the country.

gojetsgomoxies

ok, so i looked up pac 12 standings....

3 teams tied at the top at 2-1 (asu, utah, colorado). usc at 2-2, ucla at 1-2.... and arizona completely out of it at 0-3....

really need to look at each teams a) remaining schedule and b) who they play/played from north division to get a really good idea as to chances...

i am sure washington would love any of the 3 leaders in the championship game.. usc/ucla not so much.

Electrons
    Electrons's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Stanford is done.

They are an absolute mess in the back 7. Inconsistent QB play, OL getting pushed back.

Stanford could lose their next 3 games.

ND will put up 40+ on Stanford. The Stanford/ND game opened up @ a pick and has moved to ND -2.5.

Washington is a beast. Petersen has HIS team, they will run the table, and make the playoff.

gojetsgomoxies

electrons, thx... good analysis..

petersen is amazing in that he lost at least 4 major NFL defensive talents from his roster within a year of getting there.... and the team has got much much better over that period.

budda baker and browning were both huge recruiting gets....... baker as an 5 star local kid and browning as a top 5 (top 10?) QB recruit.

USC is good with darning now but must wonder what they were thinking on browning and kaaya (not sure about browning but little USC interest for a long time on kaaya)