gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

jeff tedford - back to the NCAA (currently in canada)??

see the vancouver papers are saying that tedford has had interest from more than 1 ncaa school.

cliff notes for those who don't know. he was i think OC for tampa bay bucs but got sick before things went very far at all. then when he got better i think they just negotiated settlement. not sure if this is what "truly" happened but that's the story i think........... then somewhat surprisingly came to canada to coach in CFL (BC Lions). wife i think is from canada and jeff asst coached up here years ago. jeff's first season (this past one) was sorta mediocre, although it got better over time and the team was better than their mediocre record (team seemed jinxed at important times in game. fumble on goal line etc.) .... p.s. i thought he was good hire and i'm a fan. although a bit strange to hire someone with basically no recent experience in your "unique rules" league

anyway, wondering what teams are interested in jeff? fresno, SJSU, wyoming, NMS?? only crazy bad pac12 is oregon state. and they just got a new high profile coach. i think colorado coach has been "ok". and i'm assuming USC wouldn't hire him but maybe they would

of course it could be assistant coach in which case it could be any program........

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

He hasn't been fired yet...........he may stay.

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    see the vancouver papers are saying that tedford has had interest from more than 1 ncaa school.
    Looks more like South Dakota material. They have an opening but are likely smart enough to not hire a has been who never was.

The guy is 55 years old, a fossil in the world of college football.

He needs to stay in Canuckastan, the land of mediocrity.
    Last edited by Isaiah; 11-25-15 at 10:33 AM.