SportsGEEEEK
    SportsGEEEEK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

Who else got screwed with Western Kentucky on Saturday!?!?!?

Just checked my past week figures to make sure everything went ok and came across a NO ACTION from my Western Kentucky -19 bet. I remember following this bet on Saturday and seeing the blowout 63-7 in the 4Q so counted it as a win and thought nothing of it. What I didn't know was that in my book, idk if this is the rule for all books, but, at least 55 minutes needs to be played for the wager to count. I don't know the reason but, the game was called with 5:03 remaining in the 4Q. That 54 minutes & 57 seconds, are you kidding me? To make it worse, the score was 63-7!! Complete blowout. I can't believe that this bet was cancelled because of that ridiculous rule. Does anyone know why this game was called with 5:03 remaining? Did anyone else fall victim to this matter?

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

It got called for weather after a 2nd lightning delay.

Talk about a bad beat.

SportsGEEEEK
    SportsGEEEEK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    It got called for weather after a 2nd lightning delay.

Talk about a bad beat.
    Outraged. Luckily, I had a winning week but, for the people who had a lot wagering on this game to go even, and was an obvious winner up 63-7, I feel bad for them. 54 minutes & 57 seconds isn't enough to deem WKU a winner? Come on now.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

I feel for you but it's a rule and I'm betting almost no one involved in that game knows that rule... I know a lot about betting but didn't know that nor did u

I do really feel bad for people like you who didn't win that bet

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

If they start doing subjective grading, it's gonna cause huge problems. Better a hard rule, although they could change the rule. Calibrate it with time remaining

GmenYanksNJ
    GmenYanksNJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 413

This actually happened earlier in the season, week 2. Boston College was beating Howard 62-0 at half, so they shortened the 3rd and 4th quarters to 10 minutes each. Even though they ended up winning 76-0, there was no action in Vegas.