greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

cfb why do they still punt at 25 yard lines

Tell me tbis utsa up by 10 2 minutes left.. at opponent 25 yard.. ehy do they not kick fg.. instead they punt.. any now other team is a out to score?? When they punt that gives other team to get a quick fg and inside kick??? Cant make tbis stuff up.. atleast go for it if u gonna punt..

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

When youre 2-8 youre not used to situations like that and dont know how to win comfortably. Yes thats stupid on their part and somehow would have been nice to see Rice win because of it, as the saying goes, bad teams find a way to lose.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by greypimps View Post
    Tell me tbis utsa up by 10 2 minutes left.. at opponent 25 yard.. ehy do they not kick fg.. instead they punt.. any now other team is a out to score?? When they punt that gives other team to get a quick fg and inside kick??? Cant make tbis stuff up.. atleast go for it if u gonna punt..
    Their kicker is 1 for 7 on FG's 40+ yrds this year, and this would be 42 yards. Why risk a block with 2 minutes to go when your kicker is terrible at that distance. And for what? To go from a 10 pt lead to a 13 pt lead? Not worth the risk for the situation. Considering it's 4rth and 12 and your kicker stinks, and there's 2 minutes to go in a 10 pt ball game, I don't think punting is a bad play here, although I'd rather see them go for it and run a draw play or lob a pass in the end zone, which seems a little better option to me. A draw would be the safest route, and should pick up a few yards, and who knows, might even pick up a first down considering you're playing a team that doesn't tackle all that well.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Good info makes sense now.