Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

OMG - Miami had a 12th player on the field on that last play

Look at the last play. Number 11 runs onto the field as the play was still going on. Him and an assistant coach was running on the sidelines and he decides to run onto the field. He was in the end zone at the same time as the runner. How the refs didn't see that one?

Mac4Lyfe

You can see it here...

Mac4Lyfe

Look at the play at the 50 second mark at the guy on the 34 yard line. fukker's running on the field without a helmet.

Then at the 54 second mark he's on the 9 yard line clearly in the field of play. How does the ref standing at the pylon not see that? Or the back umpire?

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

wow first time i have seen the replay. definate penalty.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

Wtf were they reviewing?

Mac4Lyfe

Reviewing this...

Fukking refs are either blind, incompetent, on the take or fatigued to not see his knee was down??

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Reviewing this...

Fukking refs are either blind, incompetent, on the take or fatigued to not see his knee was down??
    The ball's not on his hands. So it doesnt matter if his knee is down. Make a tackle or kick it out of bounds and Duke wins. They deserved that loss.

There were guys going onto the field to celebrate but refs will never call that nor should they. Its not in the spirit of the game.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Refs were incompetent the whole game. Gave Duke virtually all their yardage on their last drive with P.I. calls. 2 of which were certainly very questionable.

Mac4Lyfe

This was definitely a block in the back early in the play.

Block in the back

Mac4Lyfe

Huh? The kid flipped the ball after his knee was down. The ball is clearly in his hands??? He's gripping the ball with his fingertips. Were you reffing the game today?

I do agree Duke deserved the loss for being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    The ball's not on his hands. So it doesnt matter if his knee is down. Make a tackle or kick it out of bounds and Duke wins. They deserved that loss.

There were guys going onto the field to celebrate but refs will never call that nor should they. Its not in the spirit of the game.

fecgp40

Looks like it to me... but how many calls did refs miss on duke all game... just awful officiating all around. Turning point to me was Duke's last ref aided drive. They might as well just given them the ball on Miami's 20 to start.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Im still pissed

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by fecgp40 View Post
    Looks like it to me... but how many calls did refs miss on duke all game... just awful officiating all around. Turning point to me was Duke's last ref aided drive. They might as well just given them the ball on Miami's 20 to start.
    Yea but that wasnt illegal. To miss this many penalties on one play is absurd

Mac4Lyfe

I don't think they missed any calls on Duke, they just emphasized making calls on Miami. That last Duke drive was a case study on refs determining an outcome. Guys should be investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by fecgp40 View Post

Mac4Lyfe

I just saw another replay that clearly showed the kids knee was down. My goodness, these refs have to be fired, don't they?

fecgp40

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I don't think they missed any calls on Duke, they just emphasized making calls on Miami. That last Duke drive was a case study on refs determining an outcome. Guys should be investigated.
    Couldn't agree more about the last Duke drive. Case study indeed.

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Ball was clearly in his hands. Watch the replay, his wrist flicks forward after his knee is down.

As far as your statement of guys on the field celebrating...LOL. Give me a f'n break guy.

I didn't watch the game, just seen replays, I had no dog in the fight, this coming from a fan of the game. Refs clearly fkd up that last play.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

wow

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

If there's one thing to be learned from today, it's to only bet CFB during Bowl Season. Wow.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17012

spirit of the game lol. this isnt poker. its unfair to players like michigan's punter that have to live with the shame of their failure while this guy screwed his team much worse and got away with it.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

There were a lot of things wrong with that play. Bottom line is it shouldn't have been a Touchdown. Duke got screwed over. Guy was clearly down with the ball in his hands for starters. It's clear as day.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Acc refs are the worst in the country. Always have a few game deciding blunders a year to go along with their overall shitty officiating

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Refs didnt wanna be party poopers. But they probably didnt see it either. Who knows, probably more concerned with making sure the passes were true laterals than anything else. Lot of stuff could have been called on that play.

Mac4Lyfe

The refs initially said their was a block in the back so the play was under review? WTF? are you reviewing the block in the back? They take about 6 minutes to review something? Then the ref comes out to give his decision then as he's about to announce, another ref waves him back to the review booth, so he says the play is being further reviewed to see if his knee was down? So clearly they were reviewing if his knee was down at that point. How the hell could you review that and not see that his knee was down? Are they reviewing plays on an 8" black and white TV?

Watching this game with money on Duke, I can admit that the refs were doing EVERYTHING for Duke to win the game. Miami had 24 penalties... 24. I would have sworn the refs were on the take. Especially after the last Duke drive that they aided with 3 WTF calls against Miami. BUT then this last play, they could have easily fukked Miami, they didn't even throw a flag but it seemed like they were going to fukk Miami when they said there was a block in the back somewhere. They go to the review and I would have went all in that they were going to come out and say Duke won. Then they give the game to Miami, when it was clear that several things went wrong on that play including a guy running on the field. WTF? I guess they weren't on the take. Just real horrible reffing.

Those guys should never ref another game, but unfortunately, refs are made fukking made men. They can do no wrong. No one will ever question their incompetence and they just move on to the next game. Have we ever heard about a ref being suspended? How about fined? These guys have ultimate power.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Refs didnt wanna be party poopers. But they probably didnt see it either. Who knows, probably more concerned with making sure the passes were true laterals than anything else. Lot of stuff could have been called on that play.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

I have no issue as to how the refs handled it. They got it right.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

ACC suspends crew and replay official for 2 games, admit every error Mac cited, including 12th man on field. Unreal. They should be fired.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Seattle Slew 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

Mac4Lyfe

Wow, unreal. ACC refs have been incompetent for decades and now they finally do something about it. Maybe now, we'll see some real change.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    ACC suspends crew and replay official for 2 games, admit every error Mac cited, including 12th man on field. Unreal. They should be fired.