Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Not to mention there were at least TWO separate incidents I saw that were CLEAR block in the back penalties, along with a couple other borderline ones. Can't believe that actually happened. That's like them calling pass interference on a defender when a receiver gets a TD, then reviewing the TD and realizing it wasn't a catch and then also taking back the pass interference call bc it wasn't actually PI. Illegal as hell, CANNOT do that, that's why they don't allow reviews on penalties - they're an on the field judgment call in real time, and even the horrible calls cannot be taken back by replay. How is this not clear, how could David Cutcliffe accept that???

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Im not allowed to win a bet

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Im not allowed to win a bet

Don't worry Demonata. There's NFL tomorrow.

Semper Fidelis

Like I said before I actually won my bet - I had Miami - but even I know that isn't right. I fully expect my book to take my winnings back and at least push at the very least, loss at worst (which is honestly what it should be).

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

Haha... Fat chance of that happening unless you're with some shit book. Game ended and is in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    Like I said before I actually won my bet - I had Miami - but even I know that isn't right. I fully expect my book to take my winnings back and at least push at the very least, loss at worst (which is honestly what it should be).

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

Fuuuuukkk roller coaster having that duke ML

Semper Fidelis

Actually contacted them and asked them about it bc I don't want it screwing me over later; they said if they officially change it to a Duke win then they would regrade it as a loss! I totally think the refs will end up being fined and disciplined over this, but would they actually go back and give the game to Duke?

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Refs were trying to give Duke the game all night. Changed their mind on the last play. Miami dominated much of the game. Usual conservative late play calling put Duke back in it.

Semper Fidelis

Well now they came back with this:

'The winner of an event or game will be determined on the date of the event or game's conclusion according to house rules. 5Dimes does not recognize suspended games, protests, overturned decisions, etc., for wagering purposes.'

So I guess I'm safe either way then.

fecgp40

How many times do u see refs get together after a play when a flag was thrown and penalty called and decide there was no foul? All the time. Refs called 194 yards worth of penalties on Miami. Not saying some weren't deserved, but c'mon...

Mac4Lyfe

Your Miami bet is safer than Fort Knox.

This game is in the books. Refs have a lot of explaining to do but the shit still stands. They called a horrible game. Too many flag throwing, "look at me" bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    Well now they came back with this:

'The winner of an event or game will be determined on the date of the event or game's conclusion according to house rules. 5Dimes does not recognize suspended games, protests, overturned decisions, etc., for wagering purposes.'

So I guess I'm safe either way then.

fecgp40

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Your Miami bet is safer than Fort Knox.

This game is in the books. Refs have a lot of explaining to do but the shit still stands. They called a horrible game. Too many flag throwing, "look at me" bullshit.
    Yeah... explaining is right. 23 penalties for 194 yards on miami and 5 for 41 yards on duke... hmmmmm...

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

http://mobile.sportingnews.com/artic....google.com%2F

Looks like knee was even down too

Mac4Lyfe

I was on Duke and the shit was fishy.

But a lot of it is just incompetence on these old farts. They just don't know what they are seeing and don't even know the rules. On that last play, Miami had a guy run out on the field at about the 40 yard line. How they didn't see that is beyond me. Just shitty refs. CFB needs to go out and recruit the brightest kids they can find to get rid of the fukkers.

Quote Originally Posted by fecgp40 View Post
    Yeah... explaining is right. 23 penalties for 194 yards on miami and 5 for 41 yards on duke... hmmmmm...

Mac4Lyfe

Pretty damning evidence...

Quote Originally Posted by bosigga View Post

tailingcuzisuck
    tailingcuzisuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Wow his knee was down. That's sick.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Knea down but I bet duke so couldnt win.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

I feel for you duke betters. i lost my arizona st bet due to ref ignorance.

Mac4Lyfe

Every week games are being decided by bad refs. The game has become so subjective that the refs control the outcome. Every fukking passing play, players are lobbying for pass interference. You can't even celebrate a defensive breakup without holding your breath if the ref will pull out a phantom flag? Now, I don't even know what is a catch? It's totally fukked up.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    I feel for you duke betters. i lost my arizona st bet due to ref ignorance.

fecgp40

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Every week games are being decided by bad refs. The game has become so subjective that the refs control the outcome. Every fukking passing play, players are lobbying for pass interference. You can't even celebrate a defensive breakup without holding your breath if the ref will pull out a phantom flag? Now, I don't even know what is a catch? It's totally fukked up.
    Hit the nail on the head on here. Miami wasn't even allowed to play pass d on the last drive without laundry hitting the field. Ridiculous. Duke's TD was a gift. Refs saw a chance to make up for it on the last play.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Is NCAA going to change the result? They should.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

minor duke fan here... although i'm minor miami-florida fan too.

i am grunching but wasn't there a block in the back late in the runback? maybe 40 yard line of final player's run.

i will note that thus block didn't help his return.... i would love to see penalties that clearly don't help a team's play become dead-ball fouls (i.e. penalty marked off on next play. not sure if convert or kickoff if there had been one)

assuming duke did get screwed, there have had terrible luck... i think it was two years ago in the bowl game where there was blatant pass interference on both 3rd and 4th downs but the refs ignored it.

like i said, i'm a minor duke fan but i don't really care that much at the end of the day whether they win or lose

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Forget about block in the back, the dude's knee was down. Game over. Officials acknowledged this after the game. So why not change result. I don't get it.

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Forget about block in the back, the dude's knee was down. Game over. Officials acknowledged this after the game. So why not change result. I don't get it.
    WHOA ...No changezies

First 12