daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Has the #4 team in the country ever been a dog to an unranked team?

USC -3 vs Utah

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Look at last week. #7 team was +8 and won outright. Rankings are meaningless. Best team wins on the field.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I can't remember a time, I think #4 for Utah is a bit high. But still.

SquareBetNoMore
    SquareBetNoMore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1833

This is one of the reasons why I think the playoff committee should consider Vegas power rankings when comparing two teams at the end of the year... If there are two equally deserving teams, don't flip a coin or use one criteria that you didn't apply to the other teams, just check out who Vegas would favor on a neutral site

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Quote Originally Posted by SquareBetNoMore View Post
    This is one of the reasons why I think the playoff committee should consider Vegas power rankings when comparing two teams at the end of the year... If there are two equally deserving teams, don't flip a coin or use one criteria that you didn't apply to the other teams, just check out who Vegas would favor on a neutral site
    Vegas is fixed enough as it is....
    Points Awarded:

Blazermaniac gave funnyb25 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by SquareBetNoMore View Post
    Then Ohio St. would not of made the playoffs last year.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    just cause they won the playoff doesnt mean they deserved to be in it, which imo they did not.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    As well they shouldn't have.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Utah is better than many are giving them credit for. Though USC's record is deceiving as they have lost to very good teams and have a roster stacked will talent.

Honestly though, how could one not feel good about taking Utah? Who has USC beat? ArkSt, Idaho and ArizSt? Arizona State the only team in the top 50

Will probably pass but Utah seems like a gift here. Would not be surprised to see the line move to -5 by kick off

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I'm not surprised, I posted here or elsewhere that USC according to some computer calculations has over a 60% chance of winning this game. Some were as high as 70+%.
    Points Awarded:

tatom21 gave greenhippo 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post

just cause they won the playoff doesnt mean they deserved to be in it, which imo they did not.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    As well they shouldn't have.

Blame that on Big 12 for not having a title game

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

For on the field product mid season...Utes definitely are ranked too high although they are the class of the Pac 12 this season...case to be made for Stanfords strides too though. I think Trojans will pull off the win against them.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Before I saw the line I was gonna take Utah if they were above +3, but they are right on it. Not cut a dry game on paper given the circumstances, but I'll still take Utah here, I love these type matchups, I only wish USC had been winning more so I could really cash.

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Blame that on Big 12 for not having a title game
    doubt that would have mattered one bit they wanted big name teams.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Unload on Utah everything you have

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Utah is a good team but not a top 5 team. They are taking advantage of the fact that the top teams in the Pac 12 took a nose dive this year. The game against ASU was terrible. ASU couldn't even get a first down yet had a chance to win. USC is in disarray but have superior athletes hence they are favored. If they show up and play like many expected them too starting the season Utah will get worked

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Utah is a good team but not a top 5 team. They are taking advantage of the fact that the top teams in the Pac 12 took a nose dive this year. The game against ASU was terrible. ASU couldn't even get a first down yet had a chance to win. USC is in disarray but have superior athletes hence they are favored. If they show up and play like many expected them too starting the season Utah will get worked
    goff for cal had 5 ints @utah and they were knocking at the door for the go ahead TD at end. cream will rise weaker will fall most likely in coming weeks.

jjgold

USC is very overrated

Soft kids too..typical west coast

losers

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Line hasn't moved. Vegas is not impressed.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Vegas will certainly not be impressed by some of the dumb comments in here. The fact is this. Oregon barely lost to the alleged #2 Big 10 team, and Oregon is just an average team. The Big 10 is TERRIBLE. The worst conference around. Joe Pub bought making Michigan a favorite over MSU. They drove the line from the opening 6 to 8 1/2 at some books. The fact that Michigan and Harbelch gave the game away has nothing to do with the fact that Michigan would NOT have covered the line. For every winner in here there were 5 losers. You guys have absolutely NO idea about college football. How many of you can prove that you are ahead this season? I can.

Utah at USC presents special problems that the smart bettor stays away from. Is Utah for real? They ripped Michigan without any funny game ending plays. The fact of the matter is that NO ONE in here has the faintest clue about Utah. What about USC? BOTH of their Pac 12 losses have come at home. They obviously have the best overall talent in the conference, but does that mean anything? UCLA has the 2nd best talent and they are going nowhere fast. Vegas and some sharps are on track to having ne of their best seasons ever thanks to Joe Pub, which includes 95% of you people in here. Utah-USC. Pass.

jjgold

Utah..keep hitting them

ML too

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I predicted Utah will have at least 2 losses this year. This could be one of them.

LeaninBack916
    #CashMeOut
    LeaninBack916's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1688

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Vegas will certainly not be impressed by some of the dumb comments in here. The fact is this. Oregon barely lost to the alleged #2 Big 10 team, and Oregon is just an average team. The Big 10 is TERRIBLE. The worst conference around. Joe Pub bought making Michigan a favorite over MSU. They drove the line from the opening 6 to 8 1/2 at some books. The fact that Michigan and Harbelch gave the game away has nothing to do with the fact that Michigan would NOT have covered the line. For every winner in here there were 5 losers. You guys have absolutely NO idea about college football. How many of you can prove that you are ahead this season? I can.

Utah at USC presents special problems that the smart bettor stays away from. Is Utah for real? They ripped Michigan without any funny game ending plays. The fact of the matter is that NO ONE in here has the faintest clue about Utah. What about USC? BOTH of their Pac 12 losses have come at home. They obviously have the best overall talent in the conference, but does that mean anything? UCLA has the 2nd best talent and they are going nowhere fast. Vegas and some sharps are on track to having ne of their best seasons ever thanks to Joe Pub, which includes 95% of you people in here. Utah-USC. Pass.
    Dude... All you did was stroke your ego by saying you can prove your roll and vegas/sharps are winning.

Im winning too. Im not a "sharp" or a bookie.. I just crunch numbers, look at all information in front of me, and take an educated guess like anyone else who lays a bet.

LeaninBack916
    #CashMeOut

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Utah..keep hitting them

ML too
    Utah ML is the play. That is where the value is.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post

Quote Originally Posted by LeaninBack916 View Post

Dude... All you did was stroke your ego by saying you can prove your roll and vegas/sharps are winning.

Im winning too. Im not a "sharp" or a bookie.. I just crunch numbers, look at all information in front of me, and take an educated guess like anyone else who lays a bet.
    Hey Leanin you don't have to waste your time arguing with a guy like Bigdaddy, he spends his whole life playing sbr poker for points. AKA- BROKEDIKFUK

tatom21
    tatom21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Unload on Utah everything you have
    You 1st

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

here's what i see every bigdaddyqh post:

YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW BLAH BLAH BLAH COLLEGE FOOTBALL BLAH BLAH BLAH...

then i move on.

LeaninBack916
    #CashMeOut

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Hey Leanin you don't have to waste your time arguing with a guy like Bigdaddy, he spends his whole life playing sbr poker for points. AKA- BROKEDIKFUK
    He sounds thirsty.

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    here's what i see every bigdaddyqh post:

YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW BLAH BLAH BLAH COLLEGE FOOTBALL BLAH BLAH BLAH...

then i move on.
    he str8 gives it to people like a drill sergeant even if they are off a posted spread by 1/2 point

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    he str8 gives it to people like a drill sergeant even if they are off a posted spread by 1/2 point
    and what he doesn't realize is no one cares what he says.

i mean i will admit that kinda shit bugs me too (when people post unavailable lines), but he's way too big a dick all the time about everything to where nothing he says really resonates.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420