RRNJ13
    RRNJ13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

Just ridiculous how fixed these Tv games are

I had West Kent. 1st half and bought it to 19.5 thank god and i stayed off the 33 or 34 full game but if you took 20 or 20.5 you were screwed in the first half and everyone was screwed at the end of the game. Fixed as hell I don't care what anyone says and I was a winner tonight

Jowframs
    Jowframs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6645

They are all Fixed
    Getta Clue

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

fock, i should of played the over....

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I'd love to hear exactly how these games get fixed. Seems like a logistical nightmare trying to get everyone on board with it...

FUqer
    FUqer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 861

did u watch the 1st half of ucla game? refs can influence games in many ways with all these rules

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by RRNJ13 View Post
    I had West Kent. 1st half and bought it to 19.5 thank god and i stayed off the 33 or 34 full game but if you took 20 or 20.5 you were screwed in the first half and everyone was screwed at the end of the game. Fixed as hell I don't care what anyone says and I was a winner tonight
    If it was fixed why was WKU only up 17-7 with like 4 minutes to go in the first half?

North Texas absolutely imploded with some blown coverages, turnovers, and bad playcalling to allow WKU to score like 17 points in three minutes to end the half.

I was on North Texas and I was about to be pissed about the events that happened in about three minutes that caused them go from being down 17-7 to 34-7 in a blink of an eye.

• It was 17-7 and UNT gave up a 23 yard play on third down that I didn't think was a catch to set up a FG.
    • First play after the ensuing kickoff, horrible throw into double coverage and an interception.
    • Very next play, 50 yard TD bomb.
    • North Texas goes 3 and out.
    • WKU goes 90 yards in about a minute.

That was some BS if you were on UNT.

FG
    6:48
    Garrett Schwettman 25 yd FG GOOD
    9 plays, 59 yards, 4:16

17 7
    FG
    4:28
    Garrett Schwettman 43 yd FG GOOD
    5 plays, 37 yards, 1:45

20 7
    TD
    4:10
    Brandon Doughty pass complete to Taywan Taylor for 56 yds for a TD (Garrett Schwettman KICK)
    1 play, 56 yards, 0:09

27 7
    TD
    0:52
    Brandon Doughty pass complete to Taywan Taylor for 31 yds for a TD (Garrett Schwettman KICK)
    7 plays, 88 yards, 1:33

34 7

I don't know how you could have been on WKU and thought you were on the right side considering it was 14-7 with 6 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 10-15-15 at 11:31 PM.

tailin junkie
    tailin junkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17008

Coaches and refs dumbass, get a clue

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17024

home teams getting calls from the refs is what home field advantage is. refs subconsciously want to please the home team crowds who boo and cheer calls. home advantage isnt about the noise affecting the players otherwise there would be no advantage in sports like baseball.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    1. home teams getting calls from the refs is what home field advantage is. refs subconsciously want to please the home team crowds who boo and cheer calls. 2. home advantage isnt about the noise affecting the players otherwise there would be no advantage in sports like baseball.
    1. But there is instant replay.
    2. And noise does affect the visiting team on offense when the crowd is loud enough.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    1. Stop
    2. But noise does affect the visiting team on offense when the crowd is loud enough.
    yea but one false start isnt a 6 point swing in the point spread is it? most games in college dont have loud crowds affecting players but still have home field advantage in the spread right?

jtoler

yea but one false start isnt a 6 point swing in the point spread is it? most games in college dont have loud crowds affecting players but still have home field advantage in the spread right?
    Depends on the home field. If Marshall is playing at Akron, I dont take the -3 into account as far as crowd noise, I use it as having to travel, different confines, unfamiliarity, then factor in other things. If LSU is traveling to Alabama I'll use my own number for what I think playing there is worth as I do other fields.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Depends on the home field. If Marshall is playing at Akron, I dont take the -3 into account as far as crowd noise, I use it as having to travel, different confines, unfamiliarity, then factor in other things. If LSU is traveling to Alabama I'll use my own number for what I think playing there is worth as I do other fields.
    do u think homefield advantage for the seattle seahawks is because of noise?

jtoler

do u think homefield advantage for the seattle seahawks is because of noise?
    Its just a number they use, whatever its worth, there's definitely a difference in playing at home opposed to playing on the road. If you dont think noise affects the offense in any way I dont know what to say. Im sure its harder to play in Seattle than in stadiums with less noise.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Its just a number they use, whatever its worth, there's definitely a difference in playing at home opposed to playing on the road. If you dont think noise affects the offense in any way I dont know what to say. Im sure its harder to play in Seattle than in stadiums with less noise.
    i think noise affects it some. maybe half a false start and a time out per game for the really loud crouds on average. but the noise influences the refs the most. i remember some article i read that showed the home team actually false started slightly more than away teams in the nfl. if noise was a main factor in home advantage then that would mean basketball/baseball would have no advantage but travel right?

boosted1205
    boosted1205's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9690

Funny how some people think games are fixed. How long has betting been going on ? Don't you think if games were fixed, SOMEONE would have said something by now?? Nothing is kept a secret. Crazy. Look back at all the secrecy that has surfaced and made huge headlines.
    Someone ALWAYS gets screwed and someone ALWAYS gets too greedy. If games were fixed it would have surfaced by now don't you think?? Look at the point shaving , Olympic committee, AYSO, refs on betting....and on and on and on... it's just ridiculous to think games are fixed. As mentioned, there's instant replay and challenge. IF...IF games were fixed, there is no frickin way instant replay and challenge would be allowed in any games. Hell, if we didn't have TVs then that would be possible.

jtoler

i think noise affects it some. maybe half a false start and a time out per game for the really loud crouds on average. but the noise influences the refs the most. i remember some article i read that showed the home team actually false started slightly more than away teams in the nfl. if noise was a main factor in home advantage then that would mean basketball/baseball would have no advantage but travel right?
    So what do you chalk the homefield advantage to?

FUqer
    FUqer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 861

Quote Originally Posted by boosted1205 View Post
    Funny how some people think games are fixed. How long has betting been going on ? Don't you think if games were fixed, SOMEONE would have said something by now?? Nothing is kept a secret. Crazy. Look back at all the secrecy that has surfaced and made huge headlines.
    Someone ALWAYS gets screwed and someone ALWAYS gets too greedy. If games were fixed it would have surfaced by now don't you think?? Look at the point shaving , Olympic committee, AYSO, refs on betting....and on and on and on... it's just ridiculous to think games are fixed. As mentioned, there's instant replay and challenge. IF...IF games were fixed, there is no frickin way instant replay and challenge would be allowed in any games. Hell, if we didn't have TVs then that would be possible.
    There have been plenty of people get caught and admit it over the years in just about every sport. Instant replays and Challenges can only be used in certain situations. It is what it is, I know it's going to happen and I accept it, but it doesn't mean it doesn't still piss me off.

Justfollow
    Justfollow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Totally fixed. Wku coached went on 4th and 9 on nt 38. But on 4th and 2 on nt 6 he kicks a fg lol

Then halftime spread started at -14.5 -120
    Then surge to -16.5 +105. That means nt was +16.5 -125

Thats alot of money on wku second half.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by RRNJ13 View Post
    You are just another dumb idiot who knows NOTHING about Gaming. Fools like yourself should really stay the hell out of here and post your idiot remarks somewhere else. Go away, loser. That goes for all of you know nothings in here.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10371

I heard Obama controls the outcome as well thru secret service, cia etc. Esp college baskets to make him look good at bracket picks. When will you guyz open your eyes. It's all fake, like reality TV shows. That's why spurs always win cause they are so popular to watch in TV and they bring in many viewers compared to Knicks and Lakers who the league suppresses from playoffs cause the market so bad for those teams. Patriots too. Everyone likes seeing Patriots in playoffs year in and year out. Definitely all a set up. Royals are a great market team as well so that's why they make it to playoffs with all their big name players.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JTrain

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    I heard Obama controls the outcome as well thru secret service, cia etc. Esp college baskets to make him look good at bracket picks. When will you guyz open your eyes. It's all fake, like reality TV shows. That's why spurs always win cause they are so popular to watch in TV and they bring in many viewers compared to Knicks and Lakers who the league suppresses from playoffs cause the market so bad for those teams. Patriots too. Everyone likes seeing Patriots in playoffs year in and year out. Definitely all a set up. Royals are a great market team as well so that's why they make it to playoffs with all their big name players.
    Every team you said is a great market, isnt and every team you said have a bad market has a great market, lol.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

According to the title of this thread, is it just t.v. games that are fixed? Should I only be betting on non-t.v. games?

drthethird
    drthethird's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 884

Not every game is fixed but if you do research you will realize there is an element that is not natural. Games can be influence by referees and coaches calling the plays. It is not the players who are cheating but in some rare cases a poor athlete or desperate athlete will influence the game by his actions. Those are rare but they do happen.

now back to the point. Is it rigged? Yes.

there have been several attempts where someone has attempted to sue a professional sport for a rigged game outcome. In all cases it is thrown out because sports is not sports. Did you read that last part? Sports is labeled as entertainment just like wrestling.

Why would they rig a game? Money.
    2001- patriots win siperbowl
    hurrican Katrina- New Orleans win superbowl
    bostan marathon- Boston wins world seseries

games are rarely rigged because of betting or gambling but they are affected by the entertainment value. Small market teams are like broadway and big market teams are like Hollywood.

I could go on for hours but ill end it here.

fried cheese
    Update your status

So what do you chalk the homefield advantage to?
    like i said i chalk it mainly to referee bias for home teams. unconsciously they will be harder on the away teams or easier on the home teams in key situations in games. when instant replay was put in the nfl home field advantage dropped from 58.5 percent to 56 percent. but refs still are bias in pass interference, holding, etc..

if noise or traveling was a major factor you would expect soccer to have a lower advantage than football since noise doesnt really influence players and traveling would be about the same but soccer is actual the highest of the major sports with around 66 percent depending on what league you talk about. mlb travels the most and nfl travels the least so one of those should be the most affected by traveling but those two sports are both the lowest in home field advantage for american sports with hokey about the same as football and basketball over 60 percent and mls soccer at like 69 percent. some of these stats are from a 2011 article i just reread to get them.

http://freakonomics.com/2011/12/18/f...ntage-and-why/

jtoler

like i said i chalk it mainly to referee bias for home teams. unconsciously they will be harder on the away teams or easier on the home teams in key situations in games. when instant replay was put in the nfl home field advantage dropped from 58.5 percent to 56 percent. but refs still are bias in pass interference, holding, etc..

if noise or traveling was a major factor you would expect soccer to have a lower advantage than football since noise doesnt really influence players and traveling would be about the same but soccer is actual the highest of the major sports with around 66 percent depending on what league you talk about. mlb travels the most and nfl travels the least so one of those should be the most affected by traveling but those two sports are both the lowest in home field advantage for american sports with hokey about the same as football and basketball over 60 percent and mls soccer at like 69 percent. some of these stats are from a 2011 article i just reread to get them.

http://freakonomics.com/2011/12/18/f...ntage-and-why/
    Not just travel, the different confines also. I do notice refs affecting calls alot in games for home teams, especially college basketball, but on some occasions I see the opponent getting favorable calls where the home team isnt. I think there are alot of psychological things that take place also, like the home team is going to be more motivated playing at home, trying to win even more and also the away team knowing an extra fight is in place because they have the same motivation when they play at their home. If noise didnt have an affect then the Falcons and a host of teams before them wouldnt have provided artificial crowd noise to gain an advantage. Noise also pumps up the defense in football, all these things contribute to the home team being more focused and hungry I believe. For the opponent that crowd noise just brings about more stress, you have 11 men on the field playing as a team, a synchronous team so to speak, all performing different tasks to complete the same thing. Calling audibles, not easy. When Seattle forced a safety against Denver in the Super Bowl Manning said crowd noise contributed to the safety.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Not just travel, the different confines also. I do notice refs affecting calls alot in games for home teams, especially college basketball, but on some occasions I see the opponent getting favorable calls where the home team isnt. I think there are alot of psychological things that take place also, like the home team is going to be more motivated playing at home, trying to win even more and also the away team knowing an extra fight is in place because they have the same motivation when they play at their home. If noise didnt have an affect then the Falcons and a host of teams before them wouldnt have provided artificial crowd noise to gain an advantage. Noise also pumps up the defense in football, all these things contribute to the home team being more focused and hungry I believe. For the opponent that crowd noise just brings about more stress, you have 11 men on the field playing as a team, a synchronous team so to speak, all performing different tasks to complete the same thing. Calling audibles, not easy. When Seattle forced a safety against Denver in the Super Bowl Manning said crowd noise contributed to the safety.
    im not saying the refs are always going to be biased towards the home team but when games are close then home teams are going to get the benefit of the doubt on important calls more than away teams. im sure noise can have an adverse effect on football players but i think that is pretty rare and usually only results in a timeout. other sports where noise wouldnt hurt the players have greater home advantage than football. baseball actually has different field configurations and has the least advantage so different confines seems not to matter that much. ppl think loud noise is the advantage of being at home so that is why teams pipe in sound. i remember some baseball team wanting to close their dome on a nice day so it would be louder also. how would loud noise affect baseball players? as for crowds pumping up the home team i believe this is true. but while being pumped up might make you play harder it also makes you make more mistakes and penalties. i actually feel being calm and cool helps you play better. every game in highschool that i was really pumped up for i noticed i played poorly at the start of the game until my excitement wore off.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by boosted1205 View Post
    FLook at the point shaving , Olympic committee, AYSO, refs on betting....and on and on and on...
    AYSO? I knew my son was getting screwed...

jtoler

im not saying the refs are always going to be biased towards the home team but when games are close then home teams are going to get the benefit of the doubt on important calls more than away teams. im sure noise can have an adverse effect on football players but i think that is pretty rare and usually only results in a timeout. other sports where noise wouldnt hurt the players have greater home advantage than football. baseball actually has different field configurations and has the least advantage so different confines seems not to matter that much. ppl think loud noise is the advantage of being at home so that is why teams pipe in sound. i remember some baseball team wanting to close their dome on a nice day so it would be louder also. how would loud noise affect baseball players? as for crowds pumping up the home team i believe this is true. but while being pumped up might make you play harder it also makes you make more mistakes and penalties. i actually feel being calm and cool helps you play better. every game in highschool that i was really pumped up for i noticed i played poorly at the start of the game until my excitement wore off.
    Confines meaning not just opponent's field or court, but living conditions, traveling just adds a certain level of stress, be it large for some or smaller for others, with that too though I think being at home takes away a little of the advantage some may have depending on how each handles it. Being at home youre distracted more, you have family and friends, a home life. In baseball, I do feel being at home is easier, I feel the crowd is a factor for some, I think psychologically you know youre on the road and your body reacts to it. Ever since I was little Ive always had the notion that the away team should try and psychologically act as if the crowd is cheering for them lol, teams dont seem to play like that though. But you can look at just about any sport, a team is going to have a better record at home than away, I think that fact is the tell all, but the argument here is what is the cause for that, I think its a mixture of everything we've said, crowd noise, refs and some other stuff, refs no doubt many times which is a capper's nightmare.

RRNJ13
    RRNJ13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You are just another dumb idiot who knows NOTHING about Gaming. Fools like yourself should really stay the hell out of here and post your idiot remarks somewhere else. Go away, loser. That goes for all of you know nothings in here.
    Blah blah blah STFU unless you have something to add

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Follow the money.....limits on games makes it unprofitable to fix them.
    Refs blow calls...bad plays etc,
    Don't like it? Quit betting!

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by FUqer View Post
    did u watch the 1st half of ucla game? refs can influence games in many ways with all these rules
    All you had to do was take Stanford -6.5, then there would be nothing to bitch about.