RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Anyone els like Navy tomorrow?

UConn beat Army and played Missouri tough but I don't think they'll be able to hang with Navy. Line is -7 Navy on the road. What do you guys think?

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

UCONN is joke and I think Navy blows their doors off. They had all kinds of chances to put Army away and still almost blew it. They couldnt stop Army rushing attack and there is no way they stop Navy's.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The line is down to 6 1/2 at some Vegas shops. All the CG Tech books have it at 6 1/2. (Venetian, Tropicana, etc...). Grab it while you can. UConn has two 5 point wins over FCS Villanova and what should be FCS Army. This should be easy.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I really like Navy but this line is telling me to pass. I smell a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The line is down to 6 1/2 at some Vegas shops. All the CG Tech books have it at 6 1/2. (Venetian, Tropicana, etc...). Grab it while you can. UConn has two 5 point wins over FCS Villanova and what should be FCS Army. This should be easy.

No1DraftPick
    No1DraftPick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 950

CT native here, huge UCONN basketball fan. Couple things to note:

-UCONN's defense is semi-legit. Has been for a few years now.
    -Offense is and has been anemic. Slightly better but meh.
    -Coach created a fake rivalry game the other school (UCF) does not acknowledge.
    -Coach also said they would go undefeated and win the National Championship, CT residents basically just LOL at this because lets be real here, Storrs, CT (middle of nooooowhere which is kinda tough to do in CT) won't attract students over the majority of schools.
    -People do like the coaches balls and attitude of "why not us?" but no one expects much.

-Coach went for a fake FG after a timeout last week vs Mizzou. You learn in little kids flag football you don't go for a fake FG/Punt off of a time out because the other coach will grab two guys and say "sit in the back watch for the fake". Yet they did it anyways. Huge head scratcher there.

-Outside of games vs big name opponents the stadium is empty more often than not. $10 scalped tickets sit wherever you want. Very loose "pat downs" before going in, basically you can sneak in any alcohol you want. If it was raining or very cold there would be about 300 people there tomorrow but it will be warm so a semi-decent turnout should be expected but laughably empty.

-Keenan Reynolds is a heismen dark horse. Navy's offense > Army's due to personnel and QB upgrades.

-Uconn just played a triple option offense (lots of cut blocks, beats up D-Line) two weeks ago vs Army, then went to Mizzou and got beat around by a much bigger/stronger SEC offensive line, and now gets to get cut block all day again vs a better 3xOption team.

Personally, I'm going Navy -7 or less. I fade UCONN now and then unless I'm going to the game. Simply not enough offensive talent to go with an improved defense. Arkeel Newsome (UCONN RB) was nice in high school. I coached in the area and saw him at a weightlifting competition. He's talented but he is too small at a generous 5'8 175 (I'm 5'10 and 175 and felt like I towered over him even though he was way stronger than me in squats and cleans)

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

UConn is Powersweeps (Phil Steele) Underdog of the Week. They had Northwestern winning straight up last week and overall hit these Underdog of the week plays quite well over the last 15 years or so. Just letting you know.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Keep it coming draftpick love your style.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Haven't looked at who navy plays next, some teams go to play uconn and just don't get up for them.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Got them in my thread...like it..BOL.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Looks ok from the first glance.

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Haven't looked at who navy plays next, some teams go to play uconn and just don't get up for them.
    Air Force

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

I was thinking Navy but then again I've been cold

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    UConn is Powersweeps (Phil Steele) Underdog of the Week. They had Northwestern winning straight up last week and overall hit these Underdog of the week plays quite well over the last 15 years or so. Just letting you know.
    Thanks for that heads up

RavensFan2k3

This going as planned

No1DraftPick
    No1DraftPick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 950

ended up taking navy 1h-3.5 and -7.

went pretty much as i thought. a few friends went to the game and said there were more people there than they thought but the place wasn't very full. there is a semi-local fair called "the big E" that probably took away from the crowd. friends said people started pouring out once navy scored in the beginning of the fourth i believe it was.

good luck to everyone rest of the year.