FlyinAir
    SDQL
    FlyinAir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

What's up gang? Read if you want....

Well, well, well, what a difference one year makes for these border rivals from the SEC West. Ole Miss comes into this match-up sitting pretty at #15 (AP) while their Dixie counterparts rank in at #2 (AP). This primetime game is set to appear on ESPN with a kick-off of 9:15PM ET in beautiful Tuscaloosa. Coach Saban and the Tide look to avenge a huge upset at the hands of the Ole Miss Rebels from last year. The 2014 version saw the Tide give up a seven point advantage in the fourth quarter, topped with a game sealing interception by Senquez Golson, losing 23-17 in Oxford.
    Ole Miss came into this season with a few question marks, specifically at Quarterback. Losing Bo Wallace to graduation left a crater in the Rebel’s offense. Yet, after only two games under center, transfer QB Chad Kelly from Clemson, has managed to keep the Rebs’ from missing a step. A combined point total of 149 to 24 through the first two games is definitely something to take into account. Yes, both teams came from lowly regions, one being the FCS, but almost 150 points is still quite impressive. The lack of OT Laremy Tunsil, who is currently under NCAA probe, is something that could present problems against a dangerous Alabama front seven. I don’t see a world where Ole Miss can replicate that offensive success against a stout Alabama defense, but definitely some damage can be done. The return of preseason all American, Laquon Treadwell, from injury has to give Kelly something to smile about. The Rebel’s have targets, but it’s always nice to have a guy on the field who is a proven playmaker. If they can maintain their high volatility on offense, they should be able to go toe-to-toe with Alabama on the road.
    The Crimson Tide come rolling into this match-up also having dealt with their first two opponents, Wisconsin and Middle Tennessee State, handily. This defense had huge doubts and questions about whether it would be as “deadly” as past ‘Bama defenses have come to be characterized. The shroud of doubts quickly vanished as the Tide shut down Wisconsin under the grand Arlington lights, holding the well-known Badger run game to a miniscule 40 yards. The front seven of this Crimson Tide defense is big, with senior Reggie Ragland leading the way. The most eye-opening detail of this defense is that the one’s or two’s could start. The depth of each position is amazing and allows for this defense to have fresh bodies in the game at all times. On the other side of the ball, we have the two headed beast that is Derrick Henry and Kenyan Drake, but then we have the Florida State transfer QB, Jake Coker. This is the part of Alabama’s game that scares me. Not to say that Coker isn’t a good quarterback, but he is unproven and has looked shaky at times in their first two match-ups. Overthrown balls, improper game management, and most importantly nerves, plagued the senior in his first two games. If Coker can make some quick fixes with his mental game and mechanics, the Tide could roll big at home in Bryant-Denny Stadium.
    This is such an exciting, early season match-up that college football fans love to see. A top-15 matchup of teams that both hail from the same division. Whoever comes out on top has to be thinking about the SEC championship and even the CFB Playoff, as this win will definitely spice up their resume. I’ve got my eyes on quarterback play from both teams. Can Chad Kelly remain electric for the Rebels against an SEC-caliber defense? Can Jake Coker lose the nerves in time to light up the Ole Miss defense? This is what it comes down to. We know the defense can hold their own for both teams, as proven by the handling of their first two opponents.
    However, while I do think Hugh Freeze’s Rebels have the talent and strength to battle Bama, I do not see the offensive line being able to hold bodies like senior Jarran Reed and junior Reuben Foster from disrupting Kelly’s rhythm. Ole Miss is going to have to replicate last season’s magic in the pocket, under immense pressure, if they plan on staying in this game.
    I see this game giving fans what they want to see: intense individual match-ups, chances of a shoot-out, and obviously, competitiveness. I like Derrick Henry and the Tide’s deep defense to roll in this one. Jake Coker and the QB staff will be fixed and prepared for this game and I don’t see the Rebels being able to stay in it late in the second half. I’m taking Alabama in Tuscaloosa 31-17. With these defenses, this game stays under the 53.0 benchmark. Even though the Mississippi offense has tossed for over 70 points in two games and averages over 600 yards per game, the Tide aren’t UT-Martin or Fresno State. Take the Tide covering the measly seven point spread this week.

- Nick Henry
    See you boys after the game....

CommodoresV
    CommodoresV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 690

All good points here - great write up! I think Bama looked shaky against MTSU last week early in the game. Line is now -9 Bama so I like Ole Miss here with the better QB play and +2 or +3 on turnover margin. I'll decide on a play before kickoff - if line holds or goes 10 or more points in favor of Bama.

FlyinAir
    SDQL
    FlyinAir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Let's go Alabama!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

You forgot Cokehead sucks.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Kiffin is too impatient, Past Bama teams would methodically wear you down and come back, Kiffin too pass heavy with a qbs who isn't that good.