purplehazae479
    purplehazae479's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

Teasers or Straight Bets? What's more profitable long term?

What has been more profitable for you guys long term?

I've had success with 10 & 13 point teasers in the past, but I hate relying on so many things to go right.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is an absolute no brainer. Teasers are for suckers. You may have had some success, but how many failures have you had? Keep track. The house has a huge edge on teasers. If they did not, they would not offer them. Remember, the house tells you what you can and cannot play.

betandwin999
    betandwin999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

stick with straight bets is the smart way to win

teasers are for suckers

betandwin999
    betandwin999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

Vegaslinereader has rules on how to bet he says if your confident to put your money down on a game you should think they win easy and don't need to tease

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Few are profitable. Just hope to minimize your losses.

SquareBetNoMore
    SquareBetNoMore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1833

Purple I agree with the two posters above, teasers are a tease because they give that false sense of confidence. I've had several instances where I've read bookies like action in the form of a teaser because if the bettor were to win a piece or all sides of their teaser bet, then they'd more than likely hit those same sides if they bet them straight. Going forward I'd definitely bet game you like straight. However, with lines as tight as they are in nfl, I do usually bet 4 team - 13 point teasers. I can't find value in most nfl lines so the teaser gives me action and fewer bets. If I can make a few bucks on Sunday's then I'm happy

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Teasers can be profitable in the nfl if you are crossing key numbers. Never bet teasers in college