BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Sportscenter's new segment every Monday "Bad Beats"

Anyone else see this?

Also, before they did the segment, they showed some old games from the past in which bad beats happened.....I remember all of those because I was on the wrong side.

Anyway, I like this idea.

I had no idea about what happened in the Colorado State game.

ShipItToDaddy
    ShipItToDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1449

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Anyone else see this?

Also, before they did the segment, they showed some old games from the past in which bad beats happened.....I remember all of those because I was on the wrong side.

I bet the Purdue bet this weekend was one of the bad beats... Still can't get over that game..

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

What happened in the Purdue game?

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Purdue was losing by 3 pts with just a couple min to go in the 4th, driving down the field to get within FG range and the QB throws a pick-6, thereby assuring Marshall wins game and spread (was -7, -7.5 at some books). I was actually on the right side of that one as I had Marshall, but I feel lucky as hell as that hardly ever happens, especially a pick-6 that goes over 50 yds (and was their 2nd of the game)!

terrortwylight
    Get Action
    terrortwylight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

Anyone else see this?

I hate ESPN with a burning passion. Like a lot of other people, I no longer get my sports highlights and "hot takes" from ESPN (and I rarely watch SportsCenter). And that's just because I don't like it. You also have people who do like it who are just "cord-cutters". A lot of people are moving away from cable in general.

Supposedly they made the change because 11pm SC viewership numbers are trending downward. However, I will say that I really like this new idea. I really do like SVP, especially when you compare him to the other talking heads who were doing SC. One of the focal points of this new 1 anchor show with SVP is gambling. And instead of doing the whole wink wink nod nod thing like they were wont to do in the past, they're just going to be open about it. Supposedly.

I didn't actually watch it - I turned it off. Were they completely open about the point spread and the gambling aspect?

terrortwylight
    Get Action
    terrortwylight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

Quote Originally Posted by ShipItToDaddy View Post
    I bet the Purdue bet this weekend was one of the bad beats... Still can't get over that game..
    You know I was on Marshall so I didn't even look at it that way. But you're right, it was definitely a bad beat.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Anyone else see this?

Yeah, I always wonder why I always seem to be on the wrong side. Then to cheer myself up I think of the only time I ever bet on the CFL. I had the favorite and the over, and I won them both on a pick-six on the last play of the game. I decided to quit while I was ahead, and I've never bet a CFL game again.

I did see that segment last night, and it looks like something that will be worth watching.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by terrortwylight View Post

I didn't actually watch it - I turned it off. Were they completely open about the point spread and the gambling aspect?
    Yes. I may have missed some of the segment , but I saw them talk about Nebraska ML bettors and under players getting burned by the BYU Hail Mary. Than they talked about Savannah State bettors getting burned, losing by 52 on a 51.5-point spread when CSU didn't take a knee and ran one in from 35 yards out with two seconds left.
    Last edited by M.W.; 09-08-15 at 10:48 PM.