thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    The SEC East did well BC they played weak teams.

The best from the SEC have been getting dominated by the best from the rest of the country.

SEC offenses are behind the curve. This is why their defensive statistics are so good.

All of these big bad SEC West teams are getting shredded.

This isn't 2008-2012. The SEC isn't superior anymore.

Hopefully they won't start the year with like 7 teams in the top 15 next year. That gives them a huge advantage.

Remember when A&M and South Carolona were in the top 10? LMAO
    arkansas and texas a and m also beat crap teams, thats my point though, the conference had a bunch of teams that were good not great but they all got ranked as great teams.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Barf! Let's not hear about SEC anymore. No more bias fckers. Georgia tech would roll both Ohio st and alabama

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Barf! Let's not hear about SEC anymore. No more bias fckers. Georgia tech would roll both Ohio st and alabama
    I'd hope we see reasonable rankings next year and not their whole conference in the top 25.

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

The SEC East did well BC they played weak teams.

The best from the SEC have been getting dominated by the best from the rest of the country.

SEC offenses are behind the curve. This is why their defensive statistics are so good.

All of these big bad SEC West teams are getting shredded.

This isn't 2008-2012. The SEC isn't superior anymore.

Hopefully they won't start the year with like 7 teams in the top 15 next year. That gives them a huge advantage.

Remember when A&M and South Carolona were in the top 10? LMAO
    Remember when Okla was top 3 and TCU unranked. Other than Bama these bowls don't mean squat. It's a nice vacation with a whole bunch of free stuff. Ridiculous these bowls happen 3/4 wks after season. Sit around get fat & lazy then go play a bowl. Pac 12 #2 got beat by non power 5 team. Big 12 #1 got beat. Bowl games don't define strength of conf.

SEC may not win 7/8 straight nat'l titles again but still best conf in college football.
    Last edited by SilverTongueFox; 01-01-15 at 10:49 PM.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post
    Remember when Okla was top 3 and TCU unranked. Other than Bama these bowls don't mean squat. It's a nice vacation with a whole bunch of free stuff. Ridiculous these bowls happen 3/4 wks after season. Sit around get fat & lazy then go play a bowl. Pac 12 #2 got beat by non power 5 team. Big 12 #1 got beat. Bowl games don't define strength of conf.
    I agree with you to an extent but that's also an excuse. The SEC is winning the meaningless bowls and losing the bowls that mean something.

You can't say the SEC is the greatest Conference when they win bowl games and then say it doesn't matter when they lose.

I'm arguing that there is parity all across CFB and teams that can play in every conference.

The SEC isn't superior like it was 5 years ago.

They shouldn't have five teams ranked in the pre-season top 10.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Tcu obviously had a devastatingly strong team this year and should have been included in these playoffs

BigDofBA

The playoffs needs to be 8 teams.

Five automatic bids to the power conferences and three at large bids.

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

I agree with you to an extent but that's also an excuse. The SEC is winning the meaningless bowls and losing the bowls that mean something.

You can't say the SEC is the greatest Conference when they win bowl games and then say it doesn't matter when they lose.

I'm arguing that there is parity all across CFB and teams that can play in every conference.

The SEC isn't superior like it was 5 years ago.

They shouldn't have five teams ranked in the pre-season top 10.
    Dude, you can't cherry pick SEC bowl wins and call the bowl "meaningless. We both know only the Rose & Sugar have any bearing on nat'l title. The rest are all 'meaningful' or 'meaningless.' It's either a bowl win or a bowl lose.

SEC rarely dominates bowl season. Usually have some nices wins and some bad losses. I believe SEC is best conf regardless of outcome of silly bowls.

There has been parity in college football for awhile now. It's just that the SEC had the best team every year for about 8,9,10 years.

7 teams might be much for top 10 but to have 3,4 best teams in football is not a stretch for SEC.

BigDofBA

Dude, you can't cherry pick SEC bowl wins and call the bowl "meaningless. We both know only the Rose & Sugar have any bearing on nat'l title. The rest are all 'meaningful' or 'meaningless.' It's either a bowl win or a bowl lose.

SEC rarely dominates bowl season. Usually have some nices wins and some bad losses. I believe SEC is best conf regardless of outcome of silly bowls.

There has been parity in college football for awhile now. It's just that the SEC had the best team every year for about 8,9,10 years.

7 teams might be much for top 10 but to have 3,4 best teams in football is not a stretch for SEC.
    I agree with you more than you think. I would rank the PAC-12 one his year and the SEC two but it's all debateable.

I'm just tired of the media sucking off the SEC like it's the NFL and the rest of teams are high school caliber.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

SEC winning the "meaningless" bowls just speaks to the depth they have

No one ever said other conferences can't compete at the top with a few good teams, but my argument was always the SEC is like 8-10 legit teams deep every season.....It makes for a very tough schedule for all the SEC teams with very few cupcakes

Definitely disappointing in the "big" bowl games this season but it hasn't been the case for a long time

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Wow after today I must say....this thread does have relevance. Maybe parody is back in college football.

I did notice that it was harder to bet NCAA football across the board this year than it has been in the last four seasons.

Kudos. Next year will be great.....congrats to Oregon for finally winning a National Championship.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Wow after today I must say....this thread does have relevance. Maybe parody is back in college football.

I did notice that it was harder to bet NCAA football across the board this year than it has been in the last four seasons.

Kudos. Next year will be great.....congrats to Oregon for finally winning a National Championship.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

And with harbaugh going to Michigan the Big Ten will be the ultimate show in CFB in 2-3 years

thefonzo
    thefonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5373

Idiotic post. And all three SEC teams will win on New Years Day...so it's not the end of the world.
    How'd that one work out for ya?

thefonzo
    thefonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5373

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley View Post
    And with harbaugh going to Michigan the Big Ten will be the ultimate show in CFB in 2-3 years
    Big ten east is gonna be tough assuming Mich and PSU turn it around and join OSU and Mich St.

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

SEC may not win 7/8 straight nat'l titles again but still best conf in college football.
    Give me a break if the sec is so dominant schedule tougher out of conference instead of playing fcs teams in weak 9 these games r the last games for a lot of seniors u think they don't care if they go out like some bitches of course they want to win u r delusional if u think otherwise
    the sec is just another competitive conference

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

Idiotic post. And all three SEC teams will win on New Years Day...so it's not the end of the world.
    this is the idiotic post 2 out of the 3 went down go back to the gas station because you dont know shit about sports

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    SEC winning the "meaningless" bowls just speaks to the depth they have

my argument was always the SEC is like 8-10 legit teams deep every season.....It makes for a very tough schedule for all the SEC teams with very few cupcakes
    You can't overlook the fact that the SEC rounds out its non-conference schedules with cupcakes extreme ...IE...FCS teams
    Funny, CNN threw out a stat that the SEC was 28-2 in non-conference games this year......well that ain't difficult when you feast on Coastal Carolina and Wollford

The eye test this bowl season is not only did SEC teams lose, they were exposed. The "SEC defense" had is shit pushed in by every team in every imaginable way

CarterTown
    CarterTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fondo wtf with that picture Dude?

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    You can't overlook the fact that the SEC rounds out its non-conference schedules with cupcakes extreme ...IE...FCS teams
    Funny, CNN threw out a stat that the SEC was 28-2 in non-conference games this year......well that ain't difficult when you feast on Coastal Carolina and Wollford

The eye test this bowl season is not only did SEC teams lose, they were exposed. The "SEC defense" had is shit pushed in by every team in every imaginable way
    I've been saying this for years...Listening to some of these blowhards in the media saying how this year will be the first time no SEC team has played for the National championship since 2005...well, duh!...because this is the first time there was a playoff and you had to actually EARN it instead of it being handed to you on a silver platter...that is why the BCS and bowl systems were laughable and not to metion the biased AP and coaches polls...paper and fictional championships for years because of no playoffs...the irony of it is that under the old system, Ohio ST and Oregon probably would have gotten left out and the voters would have selected Alabama and FLA ST to play for the championship!...funny how perception and reality change when you have to actually prove it on the gridiron!...

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post

Almost every team in the power conferences schedule cupcakes.....Such a myth that only the SEC does this

FCS teams or MAC garbage....does it really make a big difference?

Look at the SEC team schedules, they all have atleast 1 and sometimes 2 quality out of conferences games

Pac 12 seems to be the best at scheduling quality out conference opponents
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 01-02-15 at 01:45 PM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    I've been saying this for years...Listening to some of these blowhards in the media saying how this year will be the first time no SEC team has played for the National championship since 2005...well, duh!...because this is the first time there was a playoff and you had to actually EARN it instead of it being handed to you on a silver platter...that is why the BCS and bowl systems were laughable and not to metion the biased AP and coaches polls...paper and fictional championships for years because of no playoffs...the irony of it is that under the old system, Ohio ST and Oregon probably would have gotten left out and the voters would have selected Alabama and FLA ST to play for the championship!...funny how perception and reality change when you have to actually prove it on the gridiron!...
    Sorry but no one actually beat SEC teams heads up IN the championship game for that stretch

Ohio State was like 0-11 against SEC teams until last night

Also check the Bowl Records for all conferences in the last decade

SEC wasn't amazing THIS season but they have easily been the best over the last decade or so, not really debatable

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Atlantic Coast Conference Chips Away at SEC’s Dominance

BLACKSBURG, Va. — The persistent smears of Atlantic Coast Conference football have subsided. Florida State won a national championship in 2013, and Clemson had a near miss in the title game last season. The emergence of Louisville and its Heisman Trophy-contending quarterback, Lamar Jackson, has given the league another reputable team, one of six from the conference that have spent time in the Top 25 this season, and one of the four to make the Top 10.

So when John Swofford, the A.C.C. commissioner, glanced over his shoulder here Thursday night inside Lane Stadium as the Miami and Virginia Tech teams warmed up, he knew he did not have to deal in hope and public relations any longer. The A.C.C. is marching up the ladder in Power 5 football because it is improving its depth.

“We’re really good at the top of the conference right now with Clemson, Louisville and Florida State,” Swofford said. “Miami and Virginia Tech are close to being back where they had been. So I talk about our football the way I talk about our basketball. It is pretty brutal competitively within the league itself, and that’s what is important from a fan standpoint and a reputation standpoint.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/22/sp...dominance.html

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

It's simple -

SEC West is the best in college football and the East is weak.

Like it or not, Bama wins it all.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Queerly nailed it

Even the bad teams are still good vs other teams across the country

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon Steak View Post
    Can Missouri save the SEC?

I think teams like Notre Dame and Georgia Tech have shown how weak the SEC really is. Oregon seems like a lock now to win the championship. SEC = overrated.

You mean the conference that is guaranteed to win it all......again

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

With SEC Media Days starting Monday, members of the college football media will be making their picks for which team wins each division and ultimately the conference championship game in Atlanta.

Paul Finebaum decided to announce his picks before the fun in Hoover, Ala. gets started during a Sunday appearance on SportsCenter. Finebaum is thinking Florida and Alabama will meet for the third-straight year in December. He also thinks Nick Saban will make it three in a row over his former offensive coordinator, Florida coach Jim McElwain.

Listeners and viewers of “The Paul Finebaum Show” know that the host has publicly gone back and forth between Florida and Georgia for winning the SEC East. Pressed to make a pick, Finebaum sided with the defending SEC East champions.

“The East is really the only challenge, and you go back and forth between Georgia and Florida,” he said. “I’m not sure that Jacob Eason at quarterback makes Georgia quite ready. Now, you say what about Florida with Feleipe Franks and Malik Zaire. But I think overall, Florida has the best schedule. They have five SEC games at home, thanks to the debacle last year with LSU.”

When it came to picking the SEC West, Finebaum said it was quite obvious.

“Is that a fair question? Alabama will definitely come out of the West, and I like Alabama — surprise, surprise — to win the SEC.”

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Salmon, One thing we do know is SEC will have damn near every team ranked in the top 25 to start the season. That way no matter how bad it gets at least the 2 teams that emerge at the end of the season can say they played 7 ranked SEC teams, even though 70% of them were mediocre at best. Business as usual

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Alabama over Georgia in the SEC Title game

Kirby Smart can recruit, we will find out soon if he can coach

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Salmon, One thing we do know is SEC will have damn near every team ranked in the top 25 to start the season. That way no matter how bad it gets at least the 2 teams that emerge at the end of the season can say they played 7 ranked SEC teams, even though 70% of them were mediocre at best. Business as usual
    Dunno about this year. Will have the usual suspects. Alabama LSU Auburn Florida Georgia. Other than that, not sure who else will be in the top 25. Maybe Tennessee or Ole Miss

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The Florida State/Alabama game to start the college football season is going to be amazing.

First 12