Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

How Does Oregon Have Any Chance at Stopping Jameis Winston?

A lot of people have been putting the Florida State defense down and assuming they will be lit up by Mariota and the Quack Attack. But what about the other side of the ball? Can the Ducks realistically expect to contain Winston, Greene, O'Leary, and freshman phenom Dalvin Cook? Oregon has struggled to stop adequate passing attacks and now they are without their top corner.

What's a safer bet, FSU and the points or Over 71.5?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

If yu really think that Winston is that good, then take the Over. Just look who Winston has played against in his two year career. Teams from one of the worst Conferences in the Power 5.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

^^^ So be it, but Winston isn't exactly facing the Steel Curtain in this game either. Oregon ranks 98th in the nation against the pass, I don't see any reason why he won't be productive in this game... but I am on the fence as to whether the Over is the right play or FSU with the points. They could both hit, but I'm almost certain that at least one of them will.

If the two offenses are sluggish out of the gate, as can happen with long layoffs and big game jitters, Over 71.5 could get dicey real quick. But if Oregon marches right down the field and scores on their first possession, Noles getting 8 points may not be enough.

I think therein lies the decision, take the Over, or take the dog.

bumppinee
    bumppinee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1384

Put your soul on FSU money line, point spread done drop back down to +8, books know it's almost famous jameis times.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Winston has not been good this year. He's had great second halfves, but he has played like absolute garbage in the first half. I will tell you right now that if he plays the first half of this game like he has all year, Florida State will be run out of the Rose Bowl in the first half. The only chance FSU has is that Jameis Winston shows up right from the first snap and doesn't make the stupid mistakes he has this year early in games.

As for Mariota, he should be able to move it pretty easily on an FSU defense that has had problems all year stopping the spread option. The key to this game for FSU is slowing the game down so Mariota doesn't get rolling and the way you do that is ball control. I am playing a tease on New Year's with FSU +16 and 'Bama -2. I think FSU has a shot on Thursday.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

The best thing Winston does is throw interceptions. Having a soft schedule and almost losing most of those games has to tell you something. I haven't made a play on the game but I wouldn't bet on Florida state.

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Jameis +270 for the win
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  40.1 KB